Sapphire X800pro VIVO - 2 Versions??

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Furious1, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Furious1

Furious1 New Member

Ok, I have a few questions about this card. First off there seem to be two versions floating around one with a Red PCB and one with a Blue PCB.

Red
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-413&depa=0

Blue
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-422&depa=0

Is one older then the other? What are the differences? One is slightly higher priced???

Does the Sapphire X800pro VIVO come with 1.6ns Ram?? Both Blue and Red PCB versions have same Ram?? Any info here would be great.

Next question is about this Bios Flash. From what I can tell the Gigabyte bios unlocks the 4 pipes and a simple flash back to your original bios gives you a fully working 16pipe card. You can then experiment with Overclocks and Temps to see if the card can handle XT or XT-PE speeds. Then just flash with a XT or XT-PE bios or mod your own bios to run at the speeds you want.

Here there is that Bios Hack warning in a sticky but I havent really heard of too many people having problems. I wonder weither the ones that are, are running their cards to high or maybe the XT-PE Speeds are just to much for a X800pro card to be running at??.

Anyway before I go and buy this card, I was hoping there would be some usefull feedback from you guys. :)

2. Furious1

Furious1 New Member

3. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld New Member

If you read the detailed specs, you see minor differences:

red AGP8x only; Blue AGP4x or 8x

red Accessories: HDTV cable, Blue: S/video composite cable.

Can't answer your other questions.