Sb Live 5.1 + Windows 7

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by Empire-Phoenix, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Empire-Phoenix

Empire-Phoenix New Member

Well I'm currently trying to get my soundcard working on Windows 7, while stereo works so far, and also the inputs, I can't get 5.1 sound to work. For some reason either Windows or something in the kx driver reduces everything to stereo.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

3. 3j3x

3j3x New Member

*bump*

Having the same problem myself. I looked at the links provided, and I think I understand - at least basically - what needs to be done.... I just don't know how to do it.

One poster said : "Thanks Eugene. I've disconnected the fxbus 0/1 and instead i've conneted to 4/5. Seems to work now this way, only the volume controls aren't, but that's not a big issue.
    Thanks again for this great driver.

Read more: no sound coming out from fxbus 0/1 http://www.hardwareheaven.com/bug-reports/156779-no-sound-coming-out-fxbus-0-1-a.html#ixzz0c9q1qfJB"

I have no idea how to disconnect the fxbus 0/1 and connect it to 4/5. I got into the DSP menu/GUI but after that I'm completely lost. The router menu makes just as much sense to me.... sorry, I'm kind of a n00b in this arena.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

In the DSP you should find the following 2 plugins: FxBus and xrouting

The pins on FxBus are numbered starting from zero (so the top 2 pins would be FxBus 0 and FxBus 1 (or just FxBus 0/1), and the next 2 pins would be FxBus 2/3, etc). If you hold the mouse cursor over any plugin pins, the tooltips will give a little more info (pin names).

The top 2 pins on the left side of xrouting are the ones the following the upmixing path (i.e. stereo to 5.1, etc).

To disconnect a connection, right click on a pin and choose disconnect. To make a connection, click and drag between the output pin (right hand side) of one plugin, and an input pin (left hand side) of another plugin.

What the person that you quoted did, was to disconnect the connections at FxBus 0/1 and FxBus 4/5, and make a new connection from FxBus 4/5 to the top 2 pins of xrouting.

You should probably load a 'Peak' plugin (Basic -> Peak), and connect it to each FxBus pair (0/1, 2/3, 4/5, 6/7), play your stereo audio, and use the peak plugin (double click on the plugin to open it's GUI) to determine which pair the signal is coming from. That will tell you which pair you would want to connect to the top 2 pins of xrouting.

Read the aforementioned threads for potential problems when using such a config.

Also, another possible workaround (which does not need the above DSP changes) is to set the SPDIF device as the default for Windows when playing stereo only audio. You might want to try this first and see if it gives you satisfactory results.

5. IcemanSR

IcemanSR New Member

Dude this advice rock grr had to run trough whole forum just to find this life saving Tip!

@Russ quote:
    Code:
    What the person that you quoted did, was to disconnect the connections  at FxBus 0/1 and FxBus 4/5, and make a new connection from FxBus 4/5 to  the top 2 pins of xrouting.

Thank YOU!

Now i can use Master Mixer with everything including my TV card even Mute is working perfectly on tv card!

*edit...
    o damn now i got clicking noise :-((

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010