SB ZXR only hissing sound through headphones

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Z/ZX/ZXR' started by Haplo2049, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Haplo2049

Haplo2049 New Member

After the Windows 10 Creator update buggered up the Creative drivers, I uninstall my ZXR card and reverted to the motherboards inbuilt sound, would love to go back to using the ZXR, so today plugged the card back in, let windows install its own driver, so far so good, installed Creative's L13_1_01_05 driver, so I could use the control panel, everything working, sound brilliant, restarted comp, card and drivers still working, had a little play on a few games and watched a couple of movies, still going fine, shut the computer down and after a while came back to computer, only this time all I have is hissing through headphones and even if I connect speakers, still only hissing, tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling and even updated to PAX drivers but still just getting hissing,
    any advice please.

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Do you still have the onboard audio enabled, and/or the drivers installed for it?

I would take a look at what Windows has listed as your default audio device as I've noticed it can switch over to the "digital" connection.

Also, if you've hooked up your cases front panel connection to the sound card, try disconnecting it. Same goes for the add-in board. If you don't need the digital connections try removing the board entirely. If you are using the external volume/port hub try removing it, and connect directly to the sound card.

On a similar note, I have a Zx, and of late I've noticed that while using an HDMI connection to a monitor Windows, occasionally, can't decide on what device is the default, so the Audio Service messes up. Windows sounds' work, but apps (games, browser, music) don't output sound.. at least not to the speakers. It's like it's outputting to some other device, but I can't tell which. Even restarting doesn't solve it. Sometimes I'll hear static, but sometimes not. It's very frustrating to say the least. The only solution I've found is to manually restart the Windows Audio Service when it happens (which, funny enough, will give an error in relation to the Creative card).

3. Haplo2049

Haplo2049 New Member

thanks Tipstaff for getting back.
    I have uninstalled all drivers and disabled on-board sound prior to the installation, like I said, when I install card and add drivers it works perfectly, but once I restart all I get is hissing either when connecting direct to card or through volume hub, when you play music or movie you can see that sound is going through but nothing comes through the speakers/headphones