SB0770 - X-Fi Extreme Gamer - DTS CONNECT DD LIVE ISSUES

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by ramvenu, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ramvenu

ramvenu New Member

I purchased DELL SB0770 X-FI Extreme gamer sound card recently and successfully installed it in my PC after lots of struggle of course. I have listed the successful installation procedure below. You need to buy Creative Dolby digital live and dts connect pack (5$) if you need to output 5.1 through SPDIF Optical out. I am one happy guy with this card.

NEVER INSTALL ALIENWARE OR CREATIVE DRIVERS IN WIN 8. IT NEVER WORKS. IT WILL ALSO LEAVE RESIDUAL EVEN YOU UNINSTALL. THIS PROCEDURE WILL NOT WORK SUCCESSFULLY. YOU MAY END UP IN TROUBLE MAKING THIS CARD WORK...

MY PC CONFIG

MBD : MSI 760 GM - P23 (FX)
    Processsor : AMD Athlon 270 3.6 Ghz 2 core processor
    RAM : 4 GB
    HDD : 1 TB
    GPU : NVIDIA GT610 2GB

Installation Procedure for DELL SB 0770

1. Download Latest PAX driver (2014 drivers)
    2. Restart your pc and Disable your onboard audio in BIOS.
    3. Uninstall your onboard audio drivers in device manager. Disable graphics card audio in device manager. (Sound, game and video controllers & High definition audio controller in System devices )
    4. Open cabinet and install card in the PCI Slot - (Shake it well and ensure it seats well)
    5. Start the PC, Windows will recognize it as HD audio device. If not then repeat point 4
    6. Go to High definition audio controller in System devices and click on the update driver
    7. Windows will download and installs driver
    8. Restart the PC
    9. Install 2014 PAX driver
    10. Restart the PC & install DD LIve & DTS Connect Pack and restart again.
    14. Now Open the sound in control panel and set Speakers as default device, SPDIF as communication device. Mute analog out in the taskbar of your desktop. if you don't then there will be intermittent spdif sound output.
    11. If the audio does not work then Open creative audio control panel and switch from game mode to entertainment mode. Repeat if necessary. Also try resetting your HT Receiver.
    12. Go to device manager -> sound and test of it works.It will work now. If not then reset your home theater by switching it off and turn on again. (Applicable for Digital output)
    13. So now we have tried and it should work.
    14. Go to console and enable "Line In" instead of microphone. (Otherwise DTS Connect would only output 2 channels)
    15. important:- mute analog out in the taskbar of your desktop. if you don't then there will be intermittent spdif sound output.
    GOOD LUCK...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014