Seeking Comments On New Build

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by drwho, Feb 24, 2019.

1. drwho

drwho Active Member

I've not been doing it that long, but have built my own computers for probably the last 25 plus years. And yes it is kinda a rush, I get a big kick out of the first time I start a new build and it starts working. ;) :cool:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Dyre Straits and IvanV like this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Same here. :)

And navigating around all the new changes that have occurred since you last built a rig. Like I was mind blown by just how tiny and easy to install NVMe m.2 drives are to install. And this is my first RGB PC, although not my first with a window, even though some of my others had windows too they were to the wall.

This new one, the tower sits on my desk to my right so that I can gaze in and marvel at all the pretty lights. :cool:

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

and be distracted from your gaming by bright shades of various colours without being hampered by a rat nest of cables.

Calliers likes this.
  4. Calliers

I never get distracted by the lights in my case, in fact I completely forget they're there when I'm in the zone.

5. drwho

drwho Active Member

My 2070 RTX should be here within the hour. I've got some Corsair ML series case fans coming tomorrow which means everything will be here. The anticipation of starting the build is growing, I want to get this puppy up and running. I'll probably start putting everything together on Friday or Saturday depending on what is happening with my wife. She had heart surgery a little over a month ago. She is on the mend though. :)

6. Calliers

Sorry to hear that about your wife mate. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Also when you get to choose which game (Anthem or Battlefield V), which are you going with? You should go with Anthem, me and @Tipstaff have it too. :)

7. drwho

drwho Active Member

Thanks for the prayers, for my wife, they are always appreciated. Also, the suggestion about Anthem, I will keep it in mind.:)

8. Calliers

These should help you decide, I love these before you buy videos from Gameranx. ;)

Keep in mind that the campaign for Battlefield V is very short, I think Anthem offers more bang for buck. But that's just me. Battlefield V does offer a pretty active multiplayer too on the other hand, but it's up to you in the end which one you'll choose.

9. drwho

drwho Active Member

Thx, Calliers. :)

10. Calliers

No problemo, now follow me! Whee! :D

(I followed you lol, like it even matters hehe)

11. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Isn't Anthem a TPS where BF V a FPS?

12. Calliers

I haven't started playing yet but apparently it is both third person and first person. (Anthem is)

Trusteft likes this.
  13. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Running around Fort Tarsus: first person. Gameplay is over the shoulder 3rd person (with 2 distances depending on your actions).

14. Calliers

Yes this is true, just started my game and have been playing for a whee bit, and what @Tipstaff just said is true.

15. drwho

drwho Active Member

Just to satisfy my curiosity, is Anthem supposed to be offered as a gift for purchasing the 2070 RTX? I don't see it offered that way.

16. Tipstaff

With the 2070 and 2060 you'd get a code usable on Nvidia's site to generate a code for either Battlefield V or Anthem. If you got the 2080 or 2080Ti you get both games. Although, whether or not you get a code is dependent on the retailer as I think it's select retailers only. Walmart, Newegg, Best Buy, Canada Computers, Amazon, and so on. If you buy from a small mom and pop store they usually don't give codes.

Edit: list might be different for you, but this is what shows up for me:

GPU.JPG desktops.JPG builders.JPG

17. drwho

drwho Active Member

I bought the 2070 RTX from Amazon and have checked but can find no reference of link in either e-mails or my account which leads me to a download link for a game code to Anthem. I guess the offer must have expired.

18. Tipstaff

Can't say for sure, but one time I bought from Amazon (not for this card mind you, but a different card) the code showed up in my email a few days after I got the card (physically, not at the time I purchased it).

I'd check junk mail to see if it's there, and check again by mid next week. If you still don't get it be sure to send an email to Amazon... or maybe send one anyways as an inquiry.

19. drwho

drwho Active Member

Thx for the advice, Tipstaff. Sounds like a plan. :)

20. Calliers

Yeah Amazon will furnish you with a code once they realize you didn't get the code, although like @Tipstaff said you should get the code within the next few days. I got mine from Newegg after a few days of buying my card. Just be advised that they may send a code for both games, but only one will work, using one renders the other one invalid. So make sure the game you unlock is the one you want, I recommend Anthem. I think it's the better game, few bugs and glitches but it's been mostly smooth for me.