Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Tipstaff, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Don't forget that if you if you pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe or Croft Edition of the game on Steam you now have access to the game 2 days early. The "PLAY GAME" button doesn't show up, but if you try to launch the game via the library or the shortcut created when you installed it... the game runs.

As for the game itself.. I played through the first chapter, and I have to say, the game is beautiful. I've got everything maxed out on the PC. It's just so fluid, vibrant, detailed, and so damn clean looking. Even with the best looking games out there, with everything set to max you can still see filtering, AA, smoothing.. that sort of thing. But this game.. clean. At least for me....

2. RealityRipple

RealityRipple Embrace Entropy

It's definitely gorgeous, but my copy keeps locking up for long periods of time. Waited all day for AMD's 18.9.1 to be released...

3. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

I'm really surprised @Dyre Straits hasn't jumped all over this like white on rice.

4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I was having lockups too. Crashes even. Last patch fixed most of the issues I had, but 1 big issue that I ran into was a conflict between Steams' and Nvidias' overlays. I didn't notice that after updating to the new Nvidia drivers that Shadowplay was turned back on. All I knew was that if I quit the game, my Xbox One controller would disconnect. No matter what I did it would connect for 3 seconds, then disconnect until I closed out Steam. Only after turning off the overlays of both Nvidia's Shadowplay and Steams' Big Picture did the issues stop. And I do mean both. Turning one off or the other, the issue was still there.

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am waiting for the GOG version or patched version on disc for the PS4. I am glad the game looks beautiful.

6. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

There are a couple of Glitches on the PS4 version also..

I forgot the two areas where they were seen, both were in a couple of underwater areas if i spun Lara around to fast I would find her swimming in the Bright Blue sky for about 10 - 15 seconds..

7. MIG-31

Just completed this a hour ago, Loved it all the way through..

Will be playing this again and I am pleased that you get a New Game+ mode... get the option to start the game with all the previous upgrades intact.

Calliers likes this.
  8. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Congratulations. How much time did it take you? Are there optional missions?

9. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

There are side missions in the game. Plus some of the tombs are optional challenges that are dotted around the world. I am nearing the end now and have played 35 hours but haven't done all the side missions and only a few of the tombs. I am playing on Deadly Obsession though which means that I have played some sections of the game numerous times because I missed a jump or got overpowered by Trinity goons.

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  10. MIG-31

A) I don't really keep track of time, But I am far short of 100% complete. maybe 20 hours perhaps.
    B) Yes there are side missions within the game also.. Some extra tombs also dotted around (Like they were in Rise)

How I play my games is as thus:
    A) I play the main game through as is...(Some side missions may get completed along the way)
    B) The second run is a choose to play more observant to the surroundings, and will go towards the side missions..

Trusteft likes this.
  11. Calliers

All I have to say is:-

One step forward, one step back, turn around three times and jump forward. :D

12. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

I do want to play this...but, it will most definitely be on the PC.

13. Calliers

Oops, did I forget to say light a flare first? :p