Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Those are all pretty sweet cards and a lot depends on what one plans to do with it. I'm still at 1920x1080 and the 580 is just beautiful. I'm currently playing Battlefield 1 and everything in game is cranked to the max, yet I haven't seen a single hitch (not even in the little bit of multiplayer that I've done).

Dyre Straits likes this.
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

definitely the 580 is a stellar performer... though at 1440p it tends to run in the 70-90fps range for plenty of relatively easily renderable games.... it takes a fair dip into the lower 60's and below in more modern ones... 1080p is basically a sustainable reasonable frame rate.

the 5700 however does basically what the 580 does in 1440p... but in 4k with everything cranked up.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Which 5700 is that?
    I might end up getting a new GPU in the coming weeks and I can't decide. Gaming is obviously important, but so is video editing.
    Whenever I check user reviews for any modern AMD GPU almost every one talks about how to undervolt, overclock etc etc and I am like 'why would I want to do this and not get good performance and power consumption without having to do all that shit?
    You check user reviews for modern Nvidia cards and rarely you will see anything similar, they just work. (you know what I mean).

4K performance would be my main (gaming) focus, but then again...I Don't know. I am hungry.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

there are a relatively similar percentage of guides that state similar things to the amd ones you're reading... but the most part, you just stick them in and they just work too... the Sapphire Pulse 5700xt currently generally works right out of the box fine, granted i find that a lot of people picking up amd gpus are prone to either A: not talking about them at all which isn't unheard of... or B: anything you do see online discussions about it how they've absolutely for the 5700 series anyways, managed to push some serious overclocks while undervolting.

I too am completely uninterested in the OCing and undervolting... though i do find appeal with the "automatic" undervolt option that's just a toggle in the radeon settings.

The nitro series or the suggested "toxic" which apparently is coming back as a blast from the past, is to make it's debut soon. We're also supposed to see the 5800 or 5900 (unknown series designation) based on a larger navi gpu either very late this year or sometime early next year maybe.... eventually the entire navi lineup will debut.

But as it stands the Sapphire Pulse 5700 or XFX's THICC or powercolour's red devil in about that order are considered the best options in the 5700 series atm. Sapphire is favoured because not only does it typically run about the coolest, it also has the lowest fan noise usually as well as the lowest price tag.

Trusteft likes this.
  5. Trusteft

Thanks for your input.

6. Trusteft

IIRC the first color ST game I bought. (not this exact copy as I just received this one) Fantastic game for its time. The closest we would get to an "infantry" simulation. Well...depending on the difficulty setting too. Microprose could not do any wrong back then.

[​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  7. Trusteft

8. Trusteft

A great action strategy game, using the same or similar 3D engine to the classic Virus by David Braben.
    [​IMG]

Tipstaff, Calliers and IvanV like this.
  9. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Never played that one, But the question im going to ask did it come with the " Free Poster " ?

Trusteft likes this.
  10. Trusteft

Originally I don't know, this is a new purchase, used, and it did not have any poster inside.

11. MIG-31

Bought as "Used" I get that... It would of been good to see if it came to you as originally said on the box... (I doubted it would still contain the poster)

12. Trusteft

Yeah, it's the norm with used games, especially so many decades old.
    I already knew it didn't have it, but there was no other copy of it available.
    But it was reasonably priced so...yeah.
    The Starglider 2 game I showed a pic, came with an audio tape for the OST of the game. That game was used too.

13. MIG-31

Its NOT very often I will buy a pre-Built system... But I pushed for time at the moment.

1.jpg 2.jpg

s1.png

s2.png

Only a couple of issues with connections..

A) It could of at least had space for three HHD's.. Only has space and connections for two.
    B) There is no Optical Port, so had to switch to a 3.5mm AUX Cable.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  14. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Looks good, except for the GPU, I would have wanted one with more grunt to future proof it, I'm sure if you paid the same amount you paid for parts and built it yourself you could have gotten away with a RTX 2070 or 2080, but then again, no time.

I would have still tried to free up a weekend afternoon to put together one myself though. Only takes 20 mins to slap one together.

15. MIG-31

possibly, But a 2070 is roughly a start price of £518 on overclockers.uk then the price goes skywards if It were branded or O/C etc..

2080 are around £800 (Same as above) Personally I would never spend that amount of cash on a GPU... ;)

And that is without looking into a Decent Motherboard Maybe £150 +
    A good CPU: £379 +
    PSU: £100 + (I could of reused the one I have)
    Memory: £100 +
    Then a Case of choice.
    Cooling of Choice..
    SSD of choice again size and specs...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  16. Calliers

You do you boo, you do you.

But as for me and my brethren, if there's one thing where I don't skimp on parts, it's when I build my PCs. I drove a car that was barely $1000 for a long time, but when it comes to PCs I don't mess around. Most expensive build (that I put together myself) was $16,000, and that was because I pretty much walked into the store and said, give me the most expensive of everything you have, I went ham on that build. But like I said, you do you.

Edit: and that car was a Toyota, so it ran like a champ. All it really ever needed was oil changes, I never had to do any major service on it, I babied it, and the previous owners had just finished redoing the body and everything on it, it had a 2000 Camry engine and parts but it was a '91 Toyota Camry.

17. Trusteft

Very HAL 9000.
    Happy gaming/work, buddy.

18. Calliers

Every time you switch on your PC, this song should play:

Otherwise you're not doing it right. :p

19. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Have you checked the motherboard? Mine didn't come with a digital audio out on the back IO panel, but it does have a header on it, so I'd just need a bracket (I'm not sure if it supports optical or just coaxial digital out, though).

20. Calliers

I do have to say @MIG-31, I am kind of jelly though. I've always wanted to own an Omen.