Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

do you perform? record?
    or just collect incredibly cool stuffs?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I'm supposed to be recording, but right now I'm just collecting incredibly cool stuffs...

and writing... all these "stuffs" still have songs in them they need to get out.

It's odd how new gear triggers some deep seated part of your psyche and you come up with something totally new. Things you wouldn't have come up with otherwise. This particular range of gear is like some other realm.

niceguyrichy likes this.
  3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

I'm liking it a lot!

I can use the dash view screen for so many things. Ex. With Android Auto, I can view my phone's navigation map via USB connection. I can listen to Sirius XM, YouTube, or music from my Memory Card, via either BlueTooth or the USB connection. Messaging and phone calls can be seen on the screen as well.

BUT...until I can figure out how to make any of the apps "LOCK" to that app, there's a constant switching/reading the USB data message popping up on the screen as I drive. Android Auto even crashes...which, possibly, may be due to entering areas where there's no Internet...or very poor Internet...connection. I do have the latest updated version of AA but the situation still is happening. It'll be nice if I can get this situation remedied.

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

Why is my reply going to Tyson's thread?

5. Tyrsonswood

I don't have a thread... This is the "show your new stuff" thread.

6. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Ty, you're a wannabe rock star. :p

7. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

8. Tyrsonswood

After going missing... twice (&!%# FedEx) The "Blue" amp is finally here... [email protected] does that thing have some tone.

Came with full documentation and Proof of Provenance... Might have to add it on as rider to my homeowner's insurance.

9. Trusteft

10. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

IMG_20191016_213006s.jpg

I got myself a chess set and a board. I sometimes play online and I'm not sure I'll have too much use for a physical set (although the inaugural game has been played), but I wanted to have one in the house and, while I didn't want to spend a lot of money, I wanted it to be a proper set and to look the part. Therefore, the pieces are plastic, but they are the right size and weight for tournament play and they are fashioned after the Staunton set (as can be seen, the set also comes with extra queens, which is a nice bonus, especially if I were ever to take it to a tournament).

11. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Very nice.

Me and my friends were hooked on chess when I was a kid to a teen. Been out of practice now that I'm an adult, used to have Grand Master Chess for my PS3 which I don't have anymore, played against the PC but got my ass handed to me every time.

We also used to have a very expensive set made out of marble or stone at home when I was growing up. I used to like challenging my big brother and dad but most of the time got my butt beat.

12. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I don't think I've ever not lost to my grandpa. He would have been proud if I had beaten him, but letting me win was out of the question.

Playing against the computer is frustrating nowadays, a modern engine will be stronger than the world champion even on a home computer. They say that, if you're playing the computer, you should handicap it to the point that it's a bit stronger than you. Then, as you start beating it at that level, you should reduce the handicap a bit. Supposedly that's better for improvement than setting it on highest and just getting crushed without being able to follow how the game is going before it's too late.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  13. Trusteft

One red skin for my DS4 and a gift given to me of one PS4 game. Not bad, not bad.

[​IMG]

Dyre Straits and Calliers like this.
  14. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

could never get into chess
    on paper it should be right up my street, but we never clicked

nice looking set

15. Trusteft

Disappointed the extras are code to download and not on the disc. Anyway, since I got it for very cheap and I am not by any stretch of the imagination a fan of the FF series, meh.
    [​IMG]

16. Tyrsonswood

I should not say things like this...

NOTHING is ever "complete", "largely complete", or "nearing completion"... ever, ever, ever....

So, Anyways

Bass rig went from stereo to tri-amp with this addition...

Orange Bass.jpg

What is "Tri-amp"? you may ask....

The two Sunn amps remain the same except how they are routed through my pedalboard, they are now physically on each side of the "center" amp which is the new bit seen above. I am using the new amp with a modified Orange 4X12 speaker cabinet and it gets basically a "dry" signal from the pedalboard. (no ambient effects) The two Sunn amps which have two 4X10 cabinets each are now getting a true stereo split from my echo and reverb pedals. (The "ambient" effects)

All three amps are getting signal from my "drive" pedals on my pedalboard (boost/overdrive/distortion/fuzz, etc.) This signal hits a stereo chorus where it splits the first time. Output one of that goes to the new Orange "center" amp, output two feeds the echo and reverb pedals which are true stereo pedals. Mono signal from the chorus goes to the echo pedal where it becomes stereo. These two outputs are hooked to my reverb pedal in stereo. The stereo output of the reverb feeds the two Sunn amps.

If I turn off the ambient pedals all three amps get the same "dry" signal from my "drive" pedals...

Why? you may ask....

900+ watts of massive sound., would be my answer.

niceguyrichy and IvanV like this.
  17. Tyrsonswood

Crap...

Sunn Sceptre.jpg

Okay, not really "crap"... but unexpected.

All original 1968 Sunn Sceptre 60 watt tube head and it works.(Original except for the funky orange cord)

niceguyrichy likes this.
  18. Trusteft

I didn't know this existed, when I saw it few days ago, I just had to have it. I am not aware of any other books analyzing the awesome fun film.
    [​IMG]

Tipstaff likes this.
  19. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

First Game for a little while.

CallofDutyModernWarfare(2019).jpg

20. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

It's not "new" per-se, but I will be refurbishing it. This is an aluminium Ford 8.8in IRS pumpkin. It's just the casing for now and it's perfect as I will be refurbishing / rebuilding this unit. This will be replacing my cast iron 8.8in IRS pumpkin in my Thunderbird. My stock cast iron pumpkin has 3.27 open differential gears. When this one is refurbished, it will have 3.73 limited slip differential gears.

IMG_20191017_180526.jpg

Calliers, Dyre Straits and Trusteft like this.