some prototype testing

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by HardwareHeaven, Feb 18, 2005.

1. SIK_L_CELL

SIK_L_CELL Cowboy From Hell

Oh dark mother, I yearn to kneel by your side. :evil:

2. Vapor

Vapor New Member

I hope the reason we haven't heard from Zardon in a few hours is because he's prepping more benchies for us.:) Actually, I'm pretty sure that 01 score is all we'll get but I'd still like to see the FPSs of the different GTs. I'd also like to see one of these at my front door right now (with a PCIe board, and a CPU and RAM that work in that board as I have none of it now). I'd also like to know if Catalysts have gotten to the point of AMR support as surely this card would support it....?

3. Athlon64user

Athlon64user New Member

Ok we have some clues here:

"FYI: I know that I know but i'm just not telling you'll just have to wait and see
    you will find out when ever ATI gives the green to do so! But it should be pretty self evident"

my comments: He spilled out the word "ATI" so id assume it has something to do with an ATI gpu.

"Hmmm I'm more intresting to see Futuremark 03 or 05, as 3D mark 2001 is quite cpu bound." and he replied "and im also not meant to be posting information on the card(s) yet."

my comments: running 2003 or 2005 would isolate the gpu from the cpu and violate NDA, but 2001 is so cpu intensive, you can skirt around NDA cause the gpu will only help in nature.

"yes im sure he did on phase, but I doubt he beat it on air cooling without overclocking the video card(s) at all."

my comments: Ok so we established the mystery card(ATI most likley) was stock and the p4ee powering it was a cherrypicked gem that did 4.3GHz air cooled.

big clue: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8426669

4.7GHz of p4ee and 770/688 gpu clocks for 36469 vs. 4.3GHz p4ee and mystery gpu at stock(!) for 40145, this is nearly 3.7k higher. It is highly unlikley that his 4.3ee is faster than that 4.7ee. I dont even know about both being equal, can fsb and ram bandwith make up that much difference? Even if so, where do we get the extra 3.7k marks from? Nature of course! We would be talking 500+ nature. The other tests would be 100% cpu bound except maybe drag low but the gains in drag low would be minimal at best.

Now what is capable of 500+ in nature? 6800gt/u in SLI is one possibility but its out NOW and doesnt count as prototype testing. Could ati be expermenting with AMR already? Could AMR be on x850xt? I was under the impression its too late to have AMR on x850xt because those dont support it from the get go. Thus the only conclusion left is its a gpu NEWER than the x850xt. If this is the case, I can only drool at how powerful that gpu is(especially if hes using only ONE) Hes beating a p4ee clocked 400MHz higher in a VERY cpu intensive benchmark. Feel free to add your comments.

4. Smith|

Smith| Banned

/me has a feeling this is just a big lie! :O!

5. **G.I.BRO**

**G.I.BRO** To Have and to Hold

Nice lil tidbit Mr.Z,
    Im surprised more are not carefully reading your posts more. Also, kinda sad to see people doubt such findings. Oh well...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  6. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Very nice analysis and thumbnail of all the juicy stuff so far, thanks! :)

BTW Allan- You're a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE tease and attention whore....and you pulled it all off quite nicely and are the talk of the net. Kudos. :cool:

7. gandalfthegrey

gandalfthegrey New Member

STEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:p

cant wait to see tis card in my rig hehehehehehehe

8. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

its an ATI chipset motherboard (rs480) with r520 for the video.
    (is it onboard video? lol, im just kiddin)

does anyone knwo the stats of the r520 ? i do :p

9. Athlon64user

Athlon64user New Member

"Very nice analysis and thumbnail of all the juicy stuff so far, thanks!"

why you are most welcome. This was my analysis and deduction. My math also tells me his nature in 3dmark 2001 may be been around 600 and over 500 for sure. We would be elated if you reveal it or even give a hint, such as "was your nature at least 600 or in the 600s"

"does anyone knwo the stats of the r520 ? i do :p"

Is there any titbit of info youd like to share? Is there any truth to there being a 24 and 32 pipe verson? its core/ram clocks? 8 vertex shaders? the nature in 3dmark 2001 :eek:

10. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

you guys sure do get a kick out of guessing games :p

11. **G.I.BRO**

Damn it man, why r u posting... you should be finging bugs!
    :p ;)

12. Vapor

Vapor New Member

Of course...but I have no doubt that everyone of us would prefer to be told everything there is to know about this 'red blur.'

13. gandalfthegrey

gandalfthegrey New Member

i dont have new toys to play with and except for the same bugs ive been posting for the last 3 months which ati hasnt fixed im not finding anything really

14. Hate_Bot

Hate_Bot New Member

This smells oddly fake,

When can we see a non-blurry image of it?

Also, post it on the net, On the futuremark sight, I want to see it for real

15. phaeton

phaeton New Member

When the NDA is lifted you silly goose.

He can't disclose any information until the NDA is lifted... so sit tightly and wait.

16. Athlon64user

Athlon64user New Member

well hes already shown us plenty, a 40k score on a p4ee all on air cooling with a stock r520, if this arent fast, I dont know what is :evil:

17. **G.I.BRO**

Wow, do people forgot about the NDA's? Its amazing enough that ATI, or whoever, has allowed Mr.Z to mention such things... so be thankful. Hate it as much as you want, though you have to appreciate such events.

18. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

It sure is a sweet sounding setup, knowing Zardon it would be "THE" top of the line gear. Yes so I am envious, can ya blame me :p

19. noko

noko New Member

Looks promissing, now the question comes down to does ATI really needs to release an updated VPU? Late this year, early next year will be the time I will be doing a major upgrade, looks like ATI will be ready by them. I would love to have an ATI mobo with an ATI R520 card, kinda like my NF2 rig and 6800GT that work perfectly together. I hope this pans out for ATI and us users.

20. Borealis

Borealis New Member

Funny how we haven't heard from Zardon in awhile. Probably in gaming bliss right now..........lucky bastard.