some prototype testing

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by HardwareHeaven, Feb 18, 2005.

1. griswoold

griswoold mr. vögi

r520 -> single or dual slot cooling solution??

2. noko

noko New Member

Tripple slot ;)

3. ripitup

ripitup New Member

Obviously you cannot give too much info away but as you have posted the total score in 3dmark2001 can you post the indiividual game tests as well ?

Thanks if you can.

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Me I just have an educated guess (I'm pretty sure I could guess what could be and I could always be be wrong) and since everyones raveing and buzzing about ati card rumors it makes since that it could be a new ati card or something else... But then again... only Z and the MFG probubly knows for certain...

Well I have a verry sure guess as to what it is but as for NDA's being up I don't know anything about that. I'm not in the hardware tsecene or press useally don't know anything about that. Z's appears to be the the lucky man who gets his hands on this cool stuff!

As for Z hes done nothing that would violates his NDA I would surely assume... A blurred image and a bechmark hardly violates anything anyways :D we don't know what it is with

a possable clue !?! :hmm:

5. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

i am pretty sure its x850xt pe or maybe r500+ core gpu.

PS:430members veiwing this tread! lol

6. Danhill

Danhill New Member

Actually 428 guests and 7 members

But 11.000 views in 2 days, now thats insane

7. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

lol, this is so amusing. its actually pritty funny to me and im sure some of the other guys here :D

8. deekey777

deekey777 Grünschnabel

But what's about this:
    Next ATI card will have 512MB memory.
    WE EXPECT that ATI will be making an announcement, maybe as early this weekend, about a 512MB version of its X850 card.
    Then, there are benchmarks and blurry photos showing up on tech site Driver Heaven, which appears to have a new bit of kit in its mitts. ;)
    ATI, of course, wouldn't tell us what it is it has up its sleeves. Sources outside of ATI also indicate to us that a 512MB part is imminent. If we're wrong, we'll just have to eat our GPUs.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

9. Vapor

Vapor New Member

I can't tell if that means that they don't know what the DH card is or they think it is the R480 w/ 512MB XDR....

Anyway, a 512MB card couldn't get THIS much of a boost over a 256MB card in an old benchmark. XDR might be providing some tremendous bandwidth, but I doubt it could do this much difference...I guess we'll see in a few days when the R480 512MB is released (or so they say).

10. zerodamage

zerodamage New Member

All I have to say is... nice avatar and sig. I am a big Inuyasha fan.

11. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Ya I think that vapor is right... How can just plane extra mb and bandwith make a 10k increase?

12. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Maybe it's a new Volari card :bleh:

13. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

There will indeed be a 512 meg card showing up very soon and for those of you going to Dallas for the lan event you will be in for some nice surprises. However the first post in this thread is certainly is not a "currently released card with 512 meg of ram".

14. Vapor

Vapor New Member

And he speaks!!!

Any general info you can drop on us regarding when we can see this card in all its glory?

15. Kombatant

Kombatant Active Member

Nah... it's from Bitboys :bleh:

16. Danhill

Danhill New Member

Hmm I don't get it, maybe I'm not suppose to or maybe I'm just a bit slow (I think ist the latter) but what is the point of realesing a X850XT with 512 Mb if that is what ATI is doing next??

Wouldn't it be better to realese a new generation of cards??

17. Vapor

Vapor New Member

Maybe this card won't be released for awhile and this is just an underclocked early engineering sample?

18. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Well you see you are sucked into the ATI hype. I never said in the first post the GFX in the test rig was ATI. everyone just assumes it is an ATI card(s) because we are "ATI friendly" here and there is a "red" tinge to the blurring. I cannot post information on the setup we are testing but there is more unreleased hardware than just the GFX card involved within that test system.

The inquirer posted a story about a 512 card from ATI being released soon and pointed to this site and this thread, im just saying that these tests have nothing to do with a currently available GFX technology with additional ram.

I know there are a million and one questions but I cant answer them for legal reasons, I will say, there are good times ahead in 2005.

19. Vapor

Vapor New Member

Now you're just trying to confuse us....

Anyway, I still say you have an R520 or two on your desk or in a system right now. ATi probably didn't like that you opened up a can of worms this big (even if they gave you the go ahead) and want you to clsoe that can back up, which is why (I think) you're pointing fingers in other directions now.

I really don't care who makes the card as long as it's available by June or July and has some rock-solid drivers. That and it better be as good in everything else as it is in 2k1.

I'm happy to see 2005 in that last line of yours, I'd be kinda mad if that card you have didn't show up again until 2006. Anyway, have fun with the ******** while the rest of us have to live with our lowly cards in anticiptation of this beast! (well, and X8xxXTpe and 6800Us aren't lowly, but compared to this, they kinda are)

20. x850xtpe

x850xtpe New Member

hey zardon, when are you going to be revealing the GFX cards ? 2weeks? months? ballpark figure? just some approximation time would do fine !;)