some prototype testing

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by HardwareHeaven, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Vapor

Vapor New Member

I've already asked that in a variety of ways, he has his mouth shut very well for these kind of details. Anyway, he did give us some hint (i.e., 2005) when he said this: "there are good times ahead in 2005."

2. Danhill

Danhill New Member

Ok, thanks Allan for the info, I'm looking forward to the unveiling of that thing you got there.:)

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

4. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

PowerVR Series 5.......

5. Athlon64user

Athlon64user New Member

Guys, lets leave him alone. Hes legally binded by NDA not to reveal anything about the mystery gpu that got him the 40k. Just wait guys, we will find out soon enough, possibily in a week when the Texas event comes. Hes been kind enough to give us several clues. We are allowed to speculate but hes confirming or denying nothing except to say wait, cool stuff is comming soon. I have already speculated its an r520 capable of 600+ fps in nature in 3dmark 2001, see my previous posts

anyway another thing, can you bench that 4.3ee with a currently released gpu, such as x800xt or something along the lines in 3dmark 2001

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  6. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member

This is what it is: R520 with 24 pipes, ~600mhz, 512mb ram @1200mhz, all on an Asus motherboard with an Ati northbridge......oh and it's red!

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i wish!

8. itchy5

itchy5 New Member

could be :rofl: i might drive down to dallas this weekend to check it out my self :wtf: see you there zardon :p

9. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

it could be ATI's MR (multirendering) .. two GPUS! highly possible!

10. Snowbeast

Snowbeast New Member

Try the new motherboard with dual X800/850s'. Doesn't require a bridge like nVidia's SLI. Just pop in Two ATI cards and you are off to the races.:evil:

Notice you don't see the bottom half of the pictures either.

Course, this is just speculation that I hadn't seen anyone post yet.:evil:

11. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

read my post above besudes how much TIME does it take to put the SLI connector. you talking like you dont even time to put a damn connector that takes like 5 seconds to put on!

12. Steelski

Steelski New Member

I belive i know

This is a very long shot...............well actually it isent. I read a while back that ATI was working on their AMR hardware that could link different cards together,,,,,,eg a x300 and x800 card. The benefits of this are not really known............Another reason to belive this is because Alienware were going along the same lines with older hardware being compatible with their multirendering sollution. As alienware is a much smaller company than ATI i think they would not have had the sufficient funds to make a solution better than nvidias SLI. ATI on the other hand could (not saying it has, but it could)......... The board that the system is running on is an ASUS board. You can clearly see a small A on the northbridge that is not of ATI. Right. the Chipset is not known............. but i am certain that ATI is working on a chipset for Intel based machines. Can anyone else see the gap in the market? Intel based SLI solution anyone? Why would Z use an intel setup to test the maximum of the cards 3D potential? unless it was a new chipset and or new processor. the processor could also be dual cored.
    I will stick my neck out and bet that this is a gap in the market that ATI is trying to exploit before Nvidia. ATi Intel based AMR/SLI solution. Remember that although a second card can not be seen in the picture. it does not have to be close to the other card for it to work. this was Nvidia cannot use the bridge in the setup and also the it should improve cooling.

I am probably completely off track here. but who knows. Z does. ATI based chipset. intel AMR................................. I dont like intel but they have to have an AMR system aswell. Before nforce goies and gets that market too.

13. Vapor

Vapor New Member

The problem with pretty much all of that is the fact that this is 3DMark01. It was used for a reason: too much CPU dependence and a new CPU was also used for a reason (to add to the uncertainty factor). AMR (like SLI) will likely have wayyyyy too much CPU overhead for it to be effective on 3DMark01 (all gains in nature and drago will be lost in lobby and car).

14. russo121

russo121 New Member

I will less my speculation here... Single card - dual gpu with 256Mb for each gpu - total 512Mb... :D

15. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Are you implying the return of the MAXX marketecture? :w00t:

And well, am i the only person happy to just sit here and wait on this card to go public:bleh:?

16. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member

The card is too short for two gpus. You can also clearly see to the bottom of the case that there is only one video card

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  17. Goksly

Goksly New Member

My speculation:
    1) Res @ 800x600.
    2) AMR.
    3) Special Drivers.

Also note to the PR people.... if you want to impress people with 3D Marks.... dont use an intel cpu?

18. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Are you saying 40k + is unimpressive? :bleh:

19. Snowbeast

Snowbeast New Member

No one said anything about time to put a connector in. You jumping on me after I posted a whole 5 minutes after you did and not seeing your post? Grow up. Work on your English too please.;)

20. Athlon64user

Athlon64user New Member

his score was at 1024x768 otherwise it would say "was not run at default res" at the bottom of his results