some prototype testing

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by HardwareHeaven, Feb 18, 2005.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

800x600 - well that would be pretty pointless wouldnt it? Im not in PR for intel or anyone else, i own the site. I couldnt care less if the scores are "impressive", its not like im paying for the hardware so I need to reassure myself its worth the money . Lets keep the AMD/Intel drama to another thread. Id also like to mention to the people coming here from other sites with attitudes, drop them. we have a low threshold for that here.

2. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

hmm can be the 512mb card!... There could be only two things either the 512 ATI GPU or 2x ATI GPU!

3. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Or a LN2 cooled parhellia?

:bleh:

4. Duranix

Duranix New Member

Lol

i cant wait for this card to come out...

*Drools*

5. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

Why? so that you can just think about having it a whole lot more? lol....didn't mean to be mean about it, but that's what most of us are going to be doing :p.

6. Steelski

Steelski New Member

I like to SALAVATE on my desktop.:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

But yes. someone said that you can see the bottom of the case.........your right:tears: . but i dont think that you can say the card is too short for a dual GPU sollution Having looked over the intel 3Dmark2001SE scores. I would say that dual GPU is the only way to get that score without overclocking the card or ATI unvieling their new R520 core. Also looking at the old RAGE FURY MAXX reviews, Ati had a heck of a product.......................if it had come out way before the geforce and better driver support (REALLY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD BACK THEN)... Some sites are reporting the new core as being clocked at 900mhz. I think that would blow this 40000 score. Graphics cards do make a big difference to 3dmark2001......try getting a high score with a 9800pro or even a geforce 6800 ultra. they come no way near the X800/X850 XT/PE overclocked scores(relatively speaking in this benchmark).....why is that? how bout the R430 chip......a lower powered radeon core with the full 16 pipelines........... thats 32 pipelines if you consider a MAXX configuration. I would not be suprised if 50,000 points are broken with a next gen AMD chip and this card. the record at the moment is 43K+ right. MAybee they are even using strained silicon or lowkey(or whatever it ways) technology to get those megahertz up on the r430 core.

Sometimes i just dont even belive myself.

7. flippin_waffles

flippin_waffles New Member

do you suppose there is a reason that intel does not appear to be a sponsor? amd64fx is front and center on txgf website

8. CDsDontBurn

Actually, if you look over in the "breaking 20k in 3Dmark01se" thread, you'll see that some people w/a 9800pro have broken that score. Whereas people with 6800GT/ULTRA or x800pro/xt cards are getting around 22k-26k (average)in that benchmark. Although you may think that the score in difference is way too much different, you'll also see that some of these people have similar systems w/the exception of the video card (i.e. A64/p4, 1Gb ram). 3Dmark01se is more system dependent than it is GPU dependant; so what also made a big difference in Zardon's 40k score was the CPU he used.

9. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

right you are mr.cdsdontburn.

hey zardon any chance that the card in your prototype rig looks like this

[​IMG]

btw that above is a 512mb x850xt i think thats the the naming of the card according to guru3d!

10. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member

New guess, X950XT at 748mhz with 16 pipes, 2 texture units per pipe, 8 vertex shaders, shader 3.0 and 512 mb ram at 900mhz........oh and it's still red

Link http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/translate?wl_lp=ZH_CN-EN&wl_fl=2&wl_rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcpop.com%2Fvga%2F05%2F2%2F64309.shtml%2F&wl_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcpop.com%2Fvga%2F05%2F2%2F64309.shtml&wlg_table=-3

Edit: On hindsight, the card was probably overclocked as 748mhz seems a little high. I'm guessing default speed is ~675mhz

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  11. RyderOCZ

RyderOCZ OCZ Staff

Something tells me that after TXGF or during......there will be an announcement ;)

12. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member

I'm guessing that the O.C. contestants will be using the new card to set a new world record or the winner of the contest will get to use it.

13. Duranix

Duranix New Member

:D

7|-|15 |5 73|-| 4\/\/50/\/\3

ahem...

i mean... This is the awsome.

im getting one of those cards when it comes out!

14. Tsumeone

Tsumeone New Member

Fake alert. Look @ vendorID!

15. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member

It's possible being a new card that 3dmark doesn't report it correctly which could also explain the high speed. Originally, I thought that the 900mhz was the rams full speed, not 1800mhz which I find too high to believe. So while it's easy for that document to be faked, it doesn't mean that it was. The problem is that we have 40,000 points to explain that I'm certain isn't fake which makes the 2 texture units per pipe seem very believable. As for what the actual speeds are, I'm not certain (last guess, 561mhz gpu, 672mhz ram).

16. Duranix

Duranix New Member

yeah, 1800mhz on the ram is just too crazy...

17. tyellbee

tyellbee New Member

That's awesome....:duh: :w00t: :cool:

18. Steelski

Steelski New Member

Why dont you actually look at the benchmarks yourself. instead of going by what a thread says. the highest 9800pro card actually gets slightly over 30K. the highest nvidia card gets 35k or there abouts. the top score is 43k with a x800 XT pe. Tell me if i am wrong. they all use the same CPU (an athlon fx55). the biggest difference to my eyes that would explain the almost 9k defecit between an nvidia system and a ATI system is just that. the GPU. Dont tell me that it is not at all GPU bound. otherwise i would still be benching with my radeon DDR 64.

19. CDsDontBurn

I said average. I was referring to most people....most people do not have an FX-55 lying around easily up for grabs. These people who broke 35k w/a 9800pro have the means to score that high. Most of these people on this (and several other forums as well) do not have the kind of cash to frivously spend on getting a higher number on a stress test. Each system also performs differently. Some systems are CPU limited, while others are GPU limited in OCing, making a bottle neck in performance, therefore not allowing the system to attain a higher benchmark score.

20. Steelski

Steelski New Member

Dude. Noone has broken that barier with a 9800 pro. thats my point. the difference in score between the maximum x800 and 9800 is over 12k. i´m sure the GPU had something to do with it if the processor is the same...............................CPU has no variable but the GPU does have a variable..............thats what it comes down to. anyway. who cares.