Sony Gold Wireless Headset

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Anyone has first hand experience with it? Mostly about the newer model, thinner band, multiple colors, etc. Not the original blue and black model.

As I am starting to game a bit in my living room for the first time in 30 years, I don't find the sound coming out of the TV satisfying for either games or movies. I didn't know these existed till I saw them in a local shop on Black Friday when they were on sale for a bit, but I didn't touch them as I had no idea if they were any good and because the TWO people working there told me when I asked them that they do not work with any other system which isn't a PS4, they do not have a 3.5mm connection,etc. Mostly false information.

ANYWAY, as I said, anyone with first hand experience?

2. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

I had minimal experience with the headset, though I was impressed nonetheless.
    At London MCM they had a playable version of FFVII Remake set up with 4K TVs with what appeared to be the Gold headset plugged in wired. Surprisingly comfortable and blocked out a reasonable amount of noise. The in-game audio was nice and clear, too.

Currently when playing my PS4 I just pop headphones in. I don't game with other people online (1 other person I know has a PS4 but we don't game together) so I can't comment on the mic.

Trusteft likes this.
  3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Thank you. It's going to be for single player only too, so the mic is irrelevant. I'm glad you like it.

4. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

I have experience with the older headset. It was a good headset, just that the volume didn't go high enough for my tastes. It was also very comfortable.

I don't have any experience with the newer Gold headset unfortunately though, sorry.

Shouldn't this thread be in "Gaming Discussion"?