Sony Launches Kingdom Hearts 3 Walkman

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Kingdom Hearts fans have had to wait a very long time for the latest title in the franchise and it is here. Sony is celebrating this milestone with a limited edition Series A Walkman. The Walkman isn’t a new product for Sony of course. It is one of Sony’s most iconic cassette players and was first released way back in 1979. This particular one doesn’t require cassettes like the vintage ones, though. But it can hold plenty of songs with its 16GB of internal storage.

Now fans of Kingdom Hearts can get the limited edition NW-A55 Series A Sony Walkman with a unique Kingdom Hearts 3 design. The game’s Sora is featured front and center in the design. Sony isn’t just offering a limited edition Walkman to celebrate the launch of Kingdom Hearts 3.

It is also offering limited edition WH-H800 h.ear on 2 mini wireless headphones that have Kingdom Hearts 3 decals. The decals highlight many of the symbols from the game, including a Mickey Mouse head. Sony is selling the Walkman and headphones through its Japan website for about $260 and $220.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trusteft likes this.
  2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Nice player, btw. Also, even though it's only 16GB, what they don't say is that the unit has a Micro SD slot, so it's expandable.

Trusteft likes this.
  3. Calliers

You springin' for it?

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Really cool. Too bad I have zero interest in the game series.

5. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Nope. I have the older Sony NWZ-A17B, 64GB Hi-Res player. Cost me roughly the same amount if I recall. 4 years old come this August, and still going strong. If I were looking for one.. maybe. Problem is that the A40 is significantly cheaper (16GB / $180 US), and there's really no difference between them that I can see.

6. Calliers

I stream music and although I do own music CDs, I have lost about half of my CDs when moving and in "accidents" as well over the years. I don't buy music discs or records anymore, these days like I said I just stream on my phone which has 128GB and fits my current music disc library fine with lots of space to spare.

I sold one of my Cowon players and the other I gave away. I also gave away my PS Vita and PSP which could also play music I believe as I really wasn't using them anymore.