Steve Jobs helps clean up Disney stores

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 13, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

An interesting article posted recently on the New York Times reports that Apple co founder and all round tech guru Steve Jobs is lending a helping hand to the Disney Empire.

Disney have apparently asked Steve Jobs to get involved in revamping their stores to turn them into a more impressive shopping experience - much like Jobs has done with the worldwide Apple store chain.

This worldwide refurbishment will cover 340 shops throughout America and Europe - the idea is to give Disney a more impressive appearance to get children to spend longer in the shops with the offset of increasing sales. As Jobs is a member of the Disney board and a shareholder it seemed a fairly logical step.

Disney are set to copy touches like mobile checkouts and allow customers to choose film clips or even take part in karaoke competitions.

Can we expect to see life size Mickey Mouse characters in store listening to iPods? I guess that is a possibility.

Allan Campbell: Heaven Media

2. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

I was in the biggest disney store, at downtime disney, and my god that place was huge and a maze, kids were everywhere, and not far behind an overloaded father carrying a wealth of princess costumes and cuddly donald ducks. The place looked magical for kids.

Jobs will go in with a tin of white emulsion and only 4 items per shelf. hehe just kidding. I like the apple stores, very hands on.