Support

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by Chaos, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Will the previous versions still be supported and is there a trial version available for those that would like to try the new version prior to buying it?

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

The previous versions will get support, but only Platinum will get updates.

There is no trial yet, but i am looking into that and see if it is possible.

3. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

great stuff thx

4. nheimler

nheimler New Member

Do we get free upgrades from the Plat. Ed.? I seemed to remember we would get free upgrades to newer versions, but with a name change I suppose that means this would be null and void.

5. Spike

nheimler upgrades are free, but because .NET is completly new it is not possible to give that as free upgrade, but the platinum version will still be supported with new updates for at least 6 months.

6. NeoRevan

NeoRevan New Member

That sort of sucks. I hope it isn't going to be a continued cycle like this? Every 4 months a new name and "sorry no free upgrades"...

7. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

You still have support for platinum and it will be updated for another 6 months. I dont think thats bad value for the price you guys paid (which was basically nothing lets be honest). This is a totally new application (which has been 6-9 months in development) from the ground up and its a measely $9.99 - i dont know many programs this useful which cost so little. Platinum cost 5 euros, for like 10 months support? half a euro a month? and even after that the program won't expire? seems pretty good value to me.

Consider this a totally new "version" of the program like V1 to V2 to V3, not a 2.3 or 2.4 etc.

8. Spike

NeoRevan. Platinum came out 9-10 months ago so 4 months is not true. Platinum will keep getting updates for at least 6 months.

Driver Cleaner.NET is not just a new name like you say. The program is build from the ground up and is completly .NET code. I worked 6+ months on the new program and because of the .NET code i can add a lot more and make better cleaning routines.

Platinum was 5 euro and .NET is 9.99 dollar, so that isn't a lot of money.