Test Auzentech drivers thread before goes official thread.

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Auzentech Series' started by Robert McClelland, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Shadrac

Shadrac New Member

Take your time :), don't worry. :)

I've re-checked with game mode on but ALCapsViewer repots only eax2.0.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :sigh:

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

which card you own?

3. Shadrac

Shadrac New Member

Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD :oops:

This is the screenshot of capsViewer

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  4. Robert McClelland

That might not work with auzentech driver bud. you need used 32bit. try that. 64 bit won't show either on mine but 32bit does.

5. wiz2596

wiz2596 New Member

its working ok to me :) Im very happy with it, I've noticed deeper bass on my music, good job dude

6. Robert McClelland

7. Shadrac

Shadrac New Member

Now works like you say 32 bit show something 64 bit does not. I've solved the problem downloading the driver package from http://dl.technewshw.com/drivers/PAX/PAX_AZT_HTHD_Theater_V1.50.7z, instead the one of this thread.

Thanks for your help and your work !! :)

8. Batosai

Batosai New Member

Hi, firstly thanks for the awsome improvement to the driver it is a noticable improvement. The only issue i can see is in PowerDVD 10 i was unable to get bistream to work where previously it bistreamed a dolby or dts signal straight to my amplifier. It would be great if this feature could continue to function. Hope this is possible but i would not go back to the previous drivers :D

9. Robert McClelland

10. Batosai

Batosai New Member

Hi, I should have mentioned I am using the Auzentech Hometheater HD card, would it be ok to test it with this Bravura driver?

11. Headman

Headman New Member

New driver version 1.20 for hometheater is out from soundprime (korean company):

Google Kääntäjä

12. Robert McClelland

It won't work because doesn't support the device id.

13. identiti_crisis

identiti_crisis New Member

Hi,

I have the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude on XP SP3 32-bit and was under the impression that these drivers allowed decoding of DTS and Dolby Digital over "S/PDIF in" or "Digital In". Is this the case? I'm trying to use the card as a "receiver" for my PS3's optical output, using the 5.1 speakers I have connected to the PC.

I did have installation issues, in that the first time through the certification warning was hidden, so it seemed the installer had frozen. A couple of reboots and two re-installs later, I had sound and everything seems to be working - except the S/PDIF input settings are still greyed-out as "Default" and there's no decode tab.

Is it possible I've done something wrong? Is DD decoding an intended feature?

Many thanks.

EDIT: I'm using the 1.50 drivers for the Prelude, here.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  14. Robert McClelland

I don't think those cards carry decoder you need the Encoder for them Only way if you get 5.1 sound you need Digital surround system like blu ray system hook your ps3 from your sound card then Encoder them into 5.1 out to your Digital system only way do that.

15. identiti_crisis

Thanks, I should have known that. The Dolby stuff is only for pass-through from S/PDIF in to out and, as you say, for encoding from 5.1 on the card. Still, I look forward to the other improvements in the driver. :)

I will find a way! :cool:

EDIT: Isn't there a way to send the raw input on the S/PDIF input / Digital In to a software decoder like AC3filter? As it stands, only stereo PCM is actually even forwarded to AC3filter from this input, which would point to some sort of recognition on the card of the bitstream "type" coming in. Is that hardware or driver-level "switching" of the input? (Is there a better place to put this question?)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  16. Robert McClelland

Your welcome try AC3 filter I haven't used that much.

17. identiti_crisis

The word is that the cards will not pass a DTS / Dolby encoded stream to DirectShow (purportedly as a form of DRM - they don't want people being able to capture the audio in its raw form) yet some Creative cards (mostly older ones) will do just this.
    Since AC3filter relies on DirectShow, it won't work - I've tested it. Ordinary 2-channel linear PCM gets forwarded just fine, but the "same" 2-channel PCM stream carrying DTS-encoded data doesn't even register as an input. And yet, the DTS signal can be passed through to the S/PDIF output with no bother at all.

My question is, how is the switching being accomplished? How does the card "know" not to send the DTS-encoded stream to DirectShow? Is it driver-level, or hardware?
    What's interesting is that the X-Fi Elite Pro could route a DTS input to DirectShow in XP, but this functionality was "removed" when the Vista / Win 7 drivers emerged. Recently, Creative re-added this functionality back in for these operating systems. So it's definitely possible to control at a driver level, but is it so for the Prelude?

18. Batosai

Batosai New Member

Hi all,

I have made progress with getting bitstream to work using ffdshow, mediaplayer classic and Reclock. This passes dts and dolby bitstream to my Onkyo 508 amplifier, but so far have not got it to work with master audio.

I used the following guide (hope is ok to link) How to config ffdshow and reclock for HD audio, - Doom9's Forum

Later in guide it gives options to use Directsound or WASAPI Exlusive or Wave out in Reclock sound options. It worked best with Waveout audio interface and HDMI sound device to pass bitstream.

Don't know the particulars of how it works but it does work very well, am hoping to get master audio bitstream to work possibly aswell, think it may be a codec issue as audio renderer doesn't show when i run master audio files. I am using latest hometheater HD pax driver (v2.00). Never got powerdvd to work but not bothered about it now!

Also THANKS for the updated drivers Robert!!!

19. Robert McClelland

Sorry if I forget the sets I had conal check today Was very tired had sleep this late afternoon lol. I try work depends how I feel later on.

20. Robert McClelland