The Introduce Yourself Topic! (and Post Yourself!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Sandok, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Sbpaiva

Sbpaiva New Member

Hi, man! This is a brazilian guy living in Rio de Janeiro ( Governor Island, near to GIG ) : see you in FIFA 2014 CUP and the 2016 Olympic Games! Everything is fine here!!! Just press doesn't like us ... The hexa's comming: Messi, CR7... they are not a team!
    My PC specs are listed... may I comment them to exaustion, even other too I could, post convenient way.
    My pleasure...

Saul

2. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Hey newbies, nice to see you all and hope you enjoy your stay here! Feel free to take part in any discussion on the boards. :)

3. MacNavy

MacNavy New Member

Hi, My nick is MacNavy i am an Italian user and play BF4 for 99% of my free time.

I have a Pc Gaming with (essentials only):

i7-4770k (lucky and cold)
    z87 Maximus VI Gene
    16GB 2133 CL9
    SSD 500EVO
    GTX 780 Amp! (lucky and cold)
    Corsair M60
    Corsair K60
    SmartUPS TT 850W FM

and a ESI Prodigy X-Fi

4. Calliers

Hello and welcome MacNavy. :)

5. aph3x

aph3x New Member

Morning all, newbie here, go easy :)

6. Calliers

Hey aph3x, welcome. :)

7. jluke

jluke New Member

Hi There,

i'm a musician...and i register it because i want to use my sb live under my new system properly :p

Cheers

And thank you for this amazings Drivers and forums!!!

Jluke:cool:

8. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Despite it being so far along i figure maybe we should keep sort of kicking this thread so newbies don't have to hunt to figure out who we are :) I'm Mousey, the moderator of the graphics section here at HH, if you've got a creative flair or you want to develop yours i'm the man to ask, hit me up with a PM i'll hook you up :) i write tutorials for the members here and i run Deadly Llama that's aiming to stick a friendly, funny face on Gaming Culture and show off the delcious gooey center that makes gaming such an awesome amazing thing to the world; and hopefully make gamers as respected and understood as professional athletes :)

I work in a vape shop, selling eCigs for a living and helping people drop the hold that the stinkies have got on em! I also eternally mis-spell words, and speak my mind far more than is appropriate :D

Here's moi doing what i do, ranting and raving to a microphone, with a creative spark in my eye and a fire in my belly!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  9. Calliers

Mousey don't you have an announcement for us concerning Deadly Llama? :p

10. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

I have many :) So many in fact i'm saving them all up for the announcements video

11. Calliers

Oh, ok hehehehe. Looking forward to that. :)

12. normxxx

normxxx New Member

Hello-

I am a dinosaur! I entered the field in 1950 while studying engineering at C.C.N.Y. in New York (electronics was still merely a minor specialty of the B.S.E.E. ). During the day, I was a field engineer for IBM in NYC where I worked on IBM H/W (including some of the earliest computers- e.g., a no memory 'calculating card punch' which performed computations on numbers punched in various fields on the card and punched the results back onto other fields on the same card),

After 1958, I worked for various companies and government organizaqtions (mostly Curtis-Wright, RCA, Martin Marietta- now Lockheed Martin- and, finally, NASA and the FAA). This work was largely on hard real-time systems with extraordinary hazard mitigation and safety requirements. I also did a lot of work on aircraft and spacecraft simulators. I worked on analog computers, hybrid computers, and digital computers; no memory, stack memory, stored memory, and associative memory (ie, bit serial, parallel processing).

After a hiatus in the '60s to get a Ph.D. in Mathematical Psychology (I got bored with engineering), I decided that Psychology was not for me after all and decided to get back into engineering. But at what- after a six year hiatus, I was now obsolete!?! Then it hit me- S/W, of course- no prior knowledge (except languages) required!

So, I returned as a software/systems engineer and worked on (variously) an early computer based communications system (as part of our ABMS at Kwajalein, M.I.)- a precursor of the ARPAnet (a precursor of the Internet, for those who don't know history) at RCA for DARPA at Lincoln Lab/MIT. Still at RCA, I did some work on a huge NSA computer system for gathering 'foreign electronic communications intelligence'. Then I switched to a small company which was a subcontractor to IBM and worked on the S/W for the Ground to Space Shuttle communications systems. Finally, I went to work for the FAA and spent my last 11 years as a systems/software engineer on 'Next Generation' Flight Control Systems (where for a number of years I was a COTR responsible for IBM/Government systems- before it was sold off to LMT). I was instrumental in getting the FAA to institute Systems Process Improvement

I have been a Chief Engineer, Chief Architect, and Chief Scientist!

I retired in 2003 at 71. I will be 82 in August.

Calliers likes this.
  13. Calliers

Wow normxxx, that's quite a rap sheet you got there, I can honestly say most would be proud of doing half if not even just a quarter of that. Welcome to Hardware Heaven, we are honored to have you here. :)

14. emerinmobiles90

emerinmobiles90 New Member

Nice Pic everyone. I see how people are making use of their smartphones and clicking pics and downloading them. World is seriously changing. All thanks to the low cost handsets which are being available to everyone in the world.

15. Calliers

Hey emerinmobiles90, welcome.

16. synn

synn New Member

Hello.

My name is Sinisa and I live in Novi sad Serbia, and I have much trouble with Sound Blaster drivers :/

Best regards for all of you! :)

17. Calliers

Hey synn, welcome. :)

18. peterwalker

peterwalker New Member

Hi
    I joined the site back n 2012 & seem to remember that I had a few difficulties with it at the time.

I have come back in as I need a few drivers updated

When I go to the Driver Download section I find it has been suspended & I get the below response or reason. !

This domain name is pending ICANN verification.

Oops !! - Something wrong somewhere :confused: :(

Also, while this site has a neat utility for cleaning up old conflicting drivers, does it have a utility for Auto finding & downloading new or replacement drivers ?

Cheers

Peter Walker

Australia

19. Calliers

Hey, how's it going Peter, welcome back.

Now in order to get a reply you have to post this question in the drivers section of the forum, or else you won't get the right people seeing your question hence you won't get an answer, hope I helped a bit. Here's to seeing you on the forums! :)

bit_the_apple likes this.
  20. bit_the_apple

bit_the_apple New Member

hi there fellas (gonna assume theres no broads on a hardware site :) )from the west coast of things

Calliers likes this.