'The Matrix' reloads with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss will again reenter "The Matrix," starring in a third sequel to the 1999 science fiction film that's expected to begin production next year.

The stars will be reunited with one of the original writer-directors, Lana Wachowski, who worked on the original movies with her sister, Lilly.

"The Matrix" featured Reeves as Neo, a man who discovers that humanity is trapped inside a simulated reality known as the Matrix, and that he is the destined champion who can help liberate them. Moss, Laurence Fishburne and Hugo Weaving were among the co-stars.

The film was a major hit, spawning the sequels "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Matrix Revolutions," which were shot in tandem and both released in 2003, completing the original story.

Reeves has been on a hot streak with the "John Wick" franchise. AMC Theaters recently announced that it will commemorate "The Matrix's" 20th anniversary with a week-long engagement of the movie beginning on Aug. 30.

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

So.. the machines, what.. saved Trinity? Neo never died, he just fell into a coma? Can't bring Fishbourne/Morpheous back as they killed him off in the MMO.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I call this first, inception.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

there are a lot of theories, but even at the end, where neo and trinity "died" was a central hub, and since we already know that neo could be sucked into the matrix seperated from his body, smith could over-right and become a human being. It's not completely out of the realm of possibility that the trinity may have survived, but i generally didn't conceive of it as likely at all.

The hypothetical i had for a 4th matrix was a matrix corruption of sorts.... Since we never did see neo actually dead... there's nothing in the movie that suggests that he's dead, the last scene we saw of him was a golden glowing being on a platform that was slowly being hauled away. If anything i thought it was remotely possible that if trinity was carrying a child, neo's child, that years could pass an the child could potentially have been saved and raised and reintroduced into the matrix by it's own choice. The other thing is that "this peace won't last" would suggest that both factions of machines and humans would continue to fight each other and treat them as irrelevant peices of trash, which obviously would fuel fighting and risk the truce, but being that both sides are likely to be fighting, it's realatively clear that neither is necessarily responsible, both at fault which keeps the "peace" somewhat in tact.

Neo could quite potentially turn into the villian, though as i said, i didn't conceive of trinity surviving so i'll just keep this out of the hypothetic still, but if/when neo wakes up, he could have reminents of smith and himself still present and manage to slip back into the matrix while his body remains in a statis of sorts in the machine city. To which he could appear as any number of "ghosts" or "phenomina" within the matrix, attacking both humans and machines/programs alike which results in both factions basically having to call a total truce or working together in order to figure out this new abnormality is and how to stop it. One could likely imagine how much destruction a neo/smith hybrid being could wreck on the world and how confusing a villian would be as well. The cliche in the event though (this is not a fanfic at all just a hypothetic of what like movie writers would do), would be the child of neo/trinity somehow "fixing it".

As for the matrix "mmo"... while it was considered cannon, it was also considered not to be the case... it's a really strange thing but far as i could tell the mmo was basically discarded.

Trusteft likes this.