The Steam Summer Sale is on Now!

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Jul 11, 2013.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Pack your bags and grab your sandals, folks. The Steam Summer Getaway Sale is here! For the next eleven days, take advantage of huge saving of up to 75% off on over 2000 PC, Mac and Linux titles. Check back often to take advantage of our eight-hour Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Voting Sales.

And let's not forget one of the Summer Sale's most popular features: our Daily Deals. We're launching a hundred Daily Deals throughout the sale, so there's plenty of opportunity to save big on some truly great titles.

Today's Daily Deals include:

Also, buying discounted games now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cardsthat can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale will run from now until 10AM PST, July 22nd. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community Choice Voting and more can be found at http://www.steampowered.com. For more information on our new Trading Card feature, please visit http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards.

[​IMG]

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

[​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

^^ Here here. :)

BTW, this has to be the worst time I have ever had on Steam. If it's not server overload errors it's my cart emptying out on me automatically. The last thing is pissing me off to no end, and I've tried it in both a browser and through the Steam app. Add something, fine. Add something, empty cart. Add 10 somethings, fine. Delete 1, empty cart. ARGHH!

4. SeanPatrick

SeanPatrick Member

I love this sale! I just picked up Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Xcom Enemy Unknown, and Dark Souls ( prepare to die edition ) all for 62 dollars!

5. Tipstaff

Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC, all Borderlands 2 non-Seasons Pass DLC, and Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition so far. Got a whole lot more on my wishlist to go though.

6. max sydow

max sydow New Member

there goes my summer....

7. IvanV

Less than hour to go and the question is: "Are you ready to crash Steam servers for the second evening in a row?!" :evil:

8. MIG-31

The Steam Summer Sale - Day 2

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale continues!

Also, buying discounted games now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cardsthat can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale will run from now until 10AM PST, July 22nd. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community Choice Voting and more can be found at http://www.steampowered.com. For more information on our new Trading Card feature, please visit http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards.

[​IMG]

9. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Hard times to be broke :(

10. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I've only bought the entire borderlands 2 DLCs... all 34......

11. Tipstaff

Here's a tip for Canadians: buy Steam wallet cards. Why? They're not taxable, and the face amount is in US dollars. That means you are paying $50 Canadian, tax free, for $50 US of Steam bucks. On top of that Steam doesn't charge sales tax, so it's a win win for us Canucks. ;) :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  12. SeanPatrick

SeanPatrick Member

Great Tip! wish I had known that before I purchased 6 new games from steam yesterday, but Maybe I'll buy another 50 dollars worth ...

13. MIG-31

The Steam Summer Sale - Day 3!

[​IMG]

14. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

I finally bought Batman Arkham Asylum. It's on the to-do list after Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (PS3) and DMC. Undecided on whether it comes before or after Sonic & Sega All Star Racing Transformed.

15. SeanPatrick

SeanPatrick Member

This sale is amazing. THIS is why I built my gaming PC in January. So far I've got 8 new games, all recent, all big name releases, for under 90.00. Combined with finding out Netflix now plays 5.1 DD and HD through their Win 8 app - I decided to sell my PS3 and all my games... I'm now a 100 percent PC gamer for the first time in about 20 years. I love it!

16. MIG-31

The Steam Summer Sale - Day 4!

[​IMG]

17. MIG-31

The Steam Summer Sale - Day 5!

[​IMG]

18. IvanV

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is currently the Community's choice, at 1.79€, it's not even funny how cheap it is! The game is really good and fairly long and you have a bit under 8 hours to get it at this price. :)

19. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

I just got the Deus Ex: Human Revolution pack for like $3.00 or something, installing Deus Ex: Human Revolution Game of the Year Edition now. :)

IvanV likes this.
  20. Tipstaff

[​IMG]

Skyrim.. for free? :D