The Steam Summer Sale is on Now!

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Jul 11, 2013.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I just saw that too! :lol:

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Wup.. changed to $36.00. LOL.

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

The Steam Summer Sale - Day 6!

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale continues!

Today's Daily Deals include:

Also, buying discounted games now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cards that can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale will run from now until 10AM PST, July 22nd. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community Choice Voting and more can be found at http://www.steampowered.com. For more information on our new Trading Card feature, please visit http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards.

[​IMG]

4. gaetan

gaetan Active Member

OH SNAP! Totally missed it o_O
    Meh, still have too many games to finish, and I''m too close on money atm, need a new desk and "upgrade" LOL

EDIT: Trying to get to Steam, who's crashing the servers again?! :D

5. IvanV

Like I expected, AC and AC 2 for 2.49€, AC:B and AC:R for 3.74€. It's a flash sale, so only around 90 minutes left!

6. MIG-31

The Steam Summer Sale - Day 7!

Also, buying discounted games now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cardsthat can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale will run from now until 10AM PST, July 22nd. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community Choice Voting and more can be found at http://www.steampowered.com. For more information on our new Trading Card feature, please visit http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards.

[​IMG]

7. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I see they also have the Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle package up for just 8€ containing all the DLC's with the game. That's a lot more fun than the latest Sim City.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/19282/

8. Tipstaff

I think I've spent more money on this Steam Sale than I ever have in any prior sale. OMG, I've spent a lot. :dead:

9. IvanV

Not me, I'm holding on to my money tight and I haven't bought anything yet! I already own a few games that I intend to but haven't gotten round to playing properly yet: Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row The Third, Splinter Cell Conviction, Serious Sam 3, Trine 2...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  10. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

bought the kid about 10 games, still not bought anything for myself though

might be the extreme heat sapping my energy, but I'm just not feeling inspired by anything :(

11. SeanPatrick

SeanPatrick Member

I wonder how Steam makes their profit on this sale, with prices being cut so dramatically? Do they have an arrangement with the publishers where twice a year they have some kind of amnesty from paying cost?

12. IvanV

I think that they work on a percentage and that they certainly have some sort of agreement to allow the drops (I believe that all of the prices, even the ones during sales, are determined by the publishers). And I think that they do this for good reason. :)

Drop a price on a game that the gamers have more or less forgot about, and you can generate a nice number of sales. And since it's all digital, it's all profit. Therefore, 100,000 copies at $5 a piece sold in two weeks beats 10,000 copies at $20 sold over several months. Add the buying frenzy that people get into, buying games that they will never really get round to playing... I'm holding on to my money tight this particular time, but, generally speaking, while my games spending averages around $10 per month, during these events, it can significantly spike thanks to a number of smaller purchases that simply add up.

So I'm guessing that these sales are vastly profitable for all sides. :)

13. MIG-31

It still looks as though im still going to go through this sale.

I have either:

A) Got
    B) Not Interested :(

14. MIG-31

The Steam Summer Sale - Day 8!

Also, buying discounted games now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cardsthat can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

[​IMG]

15. Tipstaff

Not sure what you like, but the gems that have come on sale so far that you might like would be Gunpoint, Fez, and The Swapper. I already had the non-Steam version of Gunpoint, so I bought it again as the guy is supposedly working on a Steam Workshop tie-in... meaning no more hunting for extra levels.

Also, while not Steam Sale related, you might want to look at pre-ordering Shadowrun: Returns that's coming out next Thursday (someone is already working on a complete conversion for the SNES version of the game).

niceguyrichy likes this.
  16. MIG-31

The Steam Summer Sale - Day 9!

Also, buying discounted games now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cards that can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

[​IMG]

17. gaetan

gaetan Active Member

IMO Saints Row the Third is a version of GTA on steroids, I found it awesome, you should play it RIGHT NOW :p

18. IvanV

You know, I might just do that! This sale got me interested into trading cards and that nudged me to fire up Saints Row and it looks like fun. The thing is that Sleeping Dogs also look fun and kind of similar (although Saints Row is much more over the top and Sleeping Dogs has a more serious feel), so I'm kind of split between the two. :lol:

19. MIG-31

The Steam Summer Sale - Day 10!

[​IMG]

20. gaetan

gaetan Active Member

Haven't played Sleeping Dogs, but I don't need to to agree with you, Saints Row is way over the top, very little seriousness, completely goofy and crazy, but it's awesome, I played the entire campaign, I was never bored, I even did some plain goofing around firing at everything in coop with my brother, that's how much fun I found it :rofl: