The truth about the Existance of God

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by RE III - Frankie, Oct 1, 2009.

1. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

2. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

Dude, that video did nothing but tell me everything every Christian has ever told me for the past 26 years of my life. Sure, it proves that life is based in circumstance and repetition, but that's about it. That's not "logic"...that's just common sense. As for the other videos that "Ppsimmons" guy has posted on YouTube...the "Obama Serves Satan" thing...that's quite a FAR CRY from being logical. That video seems to be rather devisive and based in a personal political agenda. The guy is obviously a god-fearing, right-wing republican; so of course he would make such a far-fetched and completely baseless statement. People will do ANYTHING to feel like their opinion matters.

If there's one thing I've noticed about Christians, it's that they'll do and say ANYTHING to make other people believe the way they do - ostensibly defeating the meaning of faith and redemption, which is the whole point of that religion.

I've been persecuted for what I've believed in, been spit upon, have been told I'm wrong about fifty thousand times and pondered the meaning of my existence even more. Yet, the only epiphany I ever seem to come to is that what YOU think matters, not the collective thoughts of your nation, religion, or creed. What YOU do is even more important. There is no such thing as fate or destiny; at least not outside the realm of the human imagination. YOU forge your own path.

Instead of making someone else's opinion your focus, try to have your own. You may just find that there's more to life than blindly following with fervent and zealous dedication and being closed-minded towards the infinite possibilities of existence.

In fact, you might find out what it is to LIVE.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  3. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

I watched about 20 seconds of the video and closed the window. Saying that God exists because it is written in the Bible and annoyingly repeated by people who believe in him does not, and will not prove it. As Mota said above, this is basically what every Christian tells every "non-believer". We are "non-believers" because we do not blindly follow.

Take Mota's statement seriously. "..there's more to life than blindly following, fervent and zealous dedication and being closed-minded towards the infinite possibilities of existence." Living in willful ignorance is a crime against human nature. We have been given amazing brains that are capable of thinking beyond any supercomputer out there. Letting it sit and rot by simply saying "I believe" is a waste of potential. That potential could be used to, say, find a cure for cancer, or to eliminate AIDS, or maybe actually help people in third world countries rather than telling them to become a Christian (I truly despise missionaries for that one reason). Our minds weren't given to us so we could fall in line with a religion that has no substantiation. By doing that, you're proving yourself to be no more than an animal following its master's commands (Sorry for the harsh wording).

If we go by what the Bible says, then yes, there is one proof that God still exists. Millions of people are dying, and close to nothing is being done to save them. As the Bible has proven, God is a being with more wrath and apathy than he can handle, and lets us puny humans die (Or kills us) by the millions without so much as shedding a tear. The fact that he isn't there to prevent suffering and death is the only evidence that he exists, and quite frankly, that isn't enough for a pearlist like myself.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

fail

5. isaak

isaak Well-Known Member

I guess interesting...but no...I don't believe it

6. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

It's not following blindly, it's being saved from your nightmares.. Like waking up and feeling secure rather than irritable and afraid. It's also about not having to face your fears and be protected by Guardian Angels who watch over you who have names you remember that whenever you call them they will rescue you and keep you safe. It has always been this way for us Christians as it is also a bind that keeps us together.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. isaak

isaak Well-Known Member

But what happens if that security fails you, and say, you get attacked and robbed. What would you think of your guardians then?

8. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

You just start over with whatever hope you can muster yourself. Keep Praying too.

9. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

There is absolutely no proof in that you tube insert... There is one problem really You Believe in What you want to believe in...

Im an Atheist and i do not follow religion personally,But Many of the worlds issues tend to be based around religion...

In all respect one of my pet hates is people how try to force religion or Follow religion onto others..

Most of these types of people tend to be ignorant if any one says anything against what they believe in.

10. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Untrue. I know who is religious too. They are not like that. They Sainted Mary Mckillop here in Australia because she suffered her whole life to help people who are sick. Athiests just clean up the mess.

11. MIG-31

Nope,Athiest tend to get on with there life the way they/I choose.

12. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Steer your own course? It is why religion stands for those who speak out. And why people get in a bad way.

13. MIG-31

So your one who Forces religion uppon other people then...

I believe in Evolution as apposed to gods creation.

14. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Scientology then? I don't mind them. I actually like them, but I can't believe as they do as I have made myself tough into my religion as it was is and has to be. God forbid.

15. demarc

demarc New Member

this is what i believe
    religion is a system, a way to control people much like a government. the difference between the two is how they do it. religion controls people by faith, government controls people by law
    both exist to create order or a sense of order. both have been used in the past and is still is to abuse and take advantage of people even murder people

it has its advantages and disadvantages

as for me it has always been - live and let live

16. |2A|N

|2A|N SE7EN57

People go to Church to find reason to believe in something, not necessarily GOD. You don't need to go to Church to listen to some person preach about some unreasonable belief in anything especially about a GOD.

Existence is reason in itself and requires no premeditated logic that Churches want you to believe in. I believe we exist for a greater cause and without reason to hide Existence with!

My Reason meaning I don't need to go to any church for them to tell me I exist for one sole purpose in life. My purpose is Existence not GOD!

17. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

I really wish Frankie was still here. It gave me an outlet for my cynical, nonsensical ramblings. :D