Thermaltake Core V51

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Scramjet598, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Scramjet598

Scramjet598 New Member

Hi All,
    I bought some upgrade parts for my computer system and overlooked the fact that I should have bought low profile ram. So now I find I cannot install the side cover on my Antec 900 mid tower case.
    This is my new system now;
    ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1
    Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core
    Noctua NH-D15 SS02 Cpu cooler
    Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB
    G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2x8) Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZkW
    I watched several videos on youtube about the Thermaltake Core V51 Windows ATX Mid Tower Case.
    I am hoping someone here got the case and can take a measurement for me. I want to know the distance from the back plate where the motherboard attaches to the side? In my Antec 900 mid tower case there is 7" from back plate to the edge of side panel. I may need 8.5 or 9" to clear the protruding fan on the cpu cooler. The reason for asking is because I noticed there is a space behind the back plate for cable management on the thermaltake v51 and was wondering if that takes away from the width inside. Greatly appreciate any help in this matter.

Cheers

2. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Hmmm, chances are no one else here has that case. Maybe @Judas or @Tipstaff has one in stock? Or something they could recommend.

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

The case specs: (Thermaltake Core V51)
    case.png

Fan Specs:
    fan.png

Going by those sizes I would choose to return the cooler and go to one a little smaller. The NZXT case I have is a very similar size to then one you have mentioned and the cooler either won't fit or will be a tight fit in mine.. The cable management that sits behind the motherboard tray is about 1.5".

I would say you would need another two inch on the depth.

4. Scramjet598

Scramjet598 New Member

Thank you all for replying to my post. It is not possible for me to return the Noctua cooler. I was hoping the Thermaltake V51 would have enough space but that's a bummer.
    I will keep looking for a wider mid tower that looks cool and not just a box. I have seen a couple that may be wide enough but don't look good. I am spoiled with the look of the Antec 900 i guess :)
    I wil keep checking back here for some as well.
    Thanks

5. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

I'm going to say I have made an error on my measurements, 9.3 inch on the Thermaltake Core V51 Depth, minus the 165 mm should give you a clearance of roughly 3" so it may fit.. (But I would try to get that confirmed first)

Good luck with what you choose.

6. Scramjet598

Scramjet598 New Member

Thanks MIG-31 I am going to see if my friend at the local computer shop got them and can measure to be sure. That will have to be Tuesday because of a local holiday here. If the 1.5" is exact for the space behind the back plate that will leave about 2mm to get the side cover on. That is cutting it very fine lol. The protruding fan is 179mm from back plate So that's 14 mm more than the other fan. But I will still hold out for someone who may have one and can measure.
    BTW, what is the measurement of your NZXT from back plate to inside of side panel? and what model is your case?

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

If I'm reading the measurements correctly, AND, if I'm correct on the proper direction that the cooler will be placed, the comparison in measurements should be between the 9.3 INCHES of the width of the case, vs. the 165 mm (6.49 INCHES) height of the cooler. You would have to also consider the amount of space the motherboard AND the CPU will take up since the cooler will be placed on top of that. That is usually about an inch +/- to consider.