Thinking About Upgrading My PC Speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by drwho, Apr 20, 2019.

1. drwho

drwho Active Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I don't think I would ever spent $400 on speakers.
    Other than that, the only speakers I have used for the last 20 years are studio monitors, so nothing even close to this type of speakers you are looking for.
    Good luck.

3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I'm still a fan of a 2.0 setup. Not a particular fan of subwoofers. In this day and age with the way they can do speaker porting along with passive rads, there's no need for them.

So, my recommendation would be the Creative Gigaworks line, like the T40 if you want the top end, or T30 for middle ground. And Klipsch. Still a fan of theirs like the R series monitors. Just bought a pair of the R-15PM for someone, and was blown away by them. Expensive though. If you want sound bar style, maybe Bose Solo 5 of middle ground, or TaoTronics on the low end. Sonos if you want high end.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Trusteft likes this.
  4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i still recommend anyone looking for an amazing set of speakers to track down a properly functioning set of Logitech Z-5500's. 8ohm, can attached the vast majority of decent quality home or studio speakers to it and it'll be driven well (subwoofer crossover point is 150hz though so don't expect bottom end out of any alternative speaker) Still the satalites that come with the z-5500 are pretty good, but if one is blown replacing them with a better speaker is easy.

Otherwise, buying specialized pc speakers, i couldn't even point anyone in the right direction usually since the vast majority of people either want 20 dollar speakers, or either have or intend on buying a full component system setup cable to being fed via HDMI or similar.

5. drwho

drwho Active Member

Been doing some more research into this purchase and have discovered that with the Sound Blaster AE-5 I have in my system I don't really need to use a sound bar. So I'm not very likely to get the Katana after all. Thanks for the comments though. It's appreciated. :)

Trusteft likes this.