Urgent help need for the audio driver for a Presario M2000.

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by kaita, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaita

kaita New Member

Hi all,

I helped a friend format his Compaq Presario M2000 laptop (windows xp professional), and many of the drivers were missing afterwards. I fixed some of them, but the one I really couldn't fix is the audio driver.

The information about the sound card shown is that its model is Intel 82801 ICH6. I've tried the drivers on the HP-COMPAQ website of course (tHe Conexant AC97 ones or something, which both failed to work), then tried Realtek AC97, then the Intel 82801 ICH6 driver which failed; now I don't really know what I should do. I've read other forum posts or help topics, but people seemed to have solved the audio problem but not graphics.

Oh and the CD that came with the computer that should have the drivers is nowhere to be found.

Additional info: so basically there is a yellow "!" beside the Multimedia Audio Controller in the device manager. After installing realtek ac97 it became realtek ac97 audio whatever that has the exclaimation mark. Apparently that doesn't work with the integrated soundcard on this system. I'm totally lost for clues or leads on how to fix this.

Thanks for any help.

2. superman2000

superman2000 New Member

Hi everyone!

Please kindly help me install audio driver for Presario M2000. I tred compaq website but its not working. Can anyone help me out there? What should I do?

3. ivdaniel

ivdaniel New Member

hello
    iam also having the same problem kindly reply

4. hemant2812

hemant2812 New Member

hello
    iam also having the same problem kindly reply

5. Azad Ali

Azad Ali New Member

Hi everyone!

Please kindly help me install audio driver for Presario M2000. I tred compaq website but its not working. Can anyone help me out there? What should I do?

6. rvcjew

rvcjew Willing to Help

You have to go here and then pick you model number after the 2000 part should be on sticker under laptop. h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=433614&prodTypeId=321957

7. Anish

Anish New Member

Hi guys ,
    i have solved it completely please contact me on my EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
  8. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Please guys it's not wise to place email address into forum that is for everyone to see. Its just a safety issue.

Secondly as this thread were started in 2007 and the last reply previously were 2012 this thread is now closed.. so there were no good reason that this thread has bee resurrected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.