UserBenchMark results for my PC

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Calliers, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Ok, so this is how my PC scored, the only thing that didn't score that high was the video card which is in the 38th percentile, but considering the refresh rate is turned up all the way to 165Hz on my monitor and G-Sync is always on this makes sense.

UserBenchmarks: Game 131%, Desk 154%, Work 146%
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 100.7% - Outstanding
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 - 148.6% - Outstanding
    SSD: Samsung 970 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 352.9% - Outstanding
    RAM: Unknown 3200 C16 Series 2x8GB - 105.2% - Outstanding
    MBD: Asrock X470 Gaming K4

Downloading 3DMark now, will get back to you with the test results in the appropriate thread.

2. Calliers

And now it says it is saying it is "performing as expected". :rolleyes:

Edit: @Judas could you please explain this to me? I don't get it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Turn fast startup off and never use standby/sleep/hybernation.... as there is a known glitch in which cpu/gpu performance drops a good percentage that only a restart will fix.

You can link your userbenchmark results directly via the share url. If there were any tasks running in the background they can impact the results... userbenchmark is a pretty rough estimate test, it whips through them so fast that accuracy isn't really it's thing

i can go from 135% faster than expect down to 90% below expected for no apparent reason.

Calliers likes this.
  4. Calliers

Overclocked my GPUs core clock by 140Mhz, but every little bit helps. That could get me an extra 10 fps.

OC'ing my processor now, then I'll run Time Spy again.

And thanks for explaining that to me @Judas. :)

Edit: decided to leave the processor where it is unless I get a better cooler for now. Didn't know the Ryzen 2700x was already using all it's available headroom when boosting. The more you know.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

AMD's PB and XFR... provided you have them enabled in the bios fully, will automatically clock the amd to it's peak and even with liquid cooling, generally doesn't get any faster than that. The only alternative is an all core overclock which generally means you'll lose single thread performance at the benefit of gaining a slightly higher all core overclock on the average bests.

In the vast majority of cases, unless you're hugely leveraging all core multi-threading such as heavy video encoding and rendering, the default PB/XFR options generally result in better frame rates and general gaming/use specially when paired with a nvidia graphics card.

Even amd's new Radeon 7 leverages pretty incredible auto overclocking for the core, in which once you tick a few off in the settings, can result in higher core speeds, better minimums, and lower temps usually while also reducing fan speeds (which unfortunately none of the reviewers seemed to have even bother checking out instead going back to old school overclocking exclusively and finding that broken prior to launch of the 19.2.2 driver).

Basically amd's been leveraging the advantages of dumping more sensors into their chips in order to determine hot spots or now called junction temperatures, and the technology mostly appeared at first in the fury cards but pretty barbaric.... later in ryzen and vega though ryzen was far more advanced and vega less so arguably. Radeon 7 really improves on this more though and zen 2 is supposed to be even more aggressive.

With that said the advantage with being able to read all these variables, the plan is to be able to push the chips frequency as high as the thermal target ceiling allows without crashes giving the person basically overclocking without having to even touch a thing, provided XFR and power boost are enabled to let it rully stretch it's legs.

A lot of 2700xs even with stock cooler will boost to 4.375GHz out of the box and sustain it, and the heatsink that the cpus come with is actually VERY good, as it's designed by coolermaster and it's well assembled. The people that have tested it and swapped to say a noctua have seen some of a drop in temps but not overly so unless they really spend a waud on a big unit, and even those with liquid cooling don't see that much of a different and certainly aren't getting any better of an overclock either.

Calliers likes this.