Using Audigy2 Updates on Audigy and Live!

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by [email protected], Dec 21, 2002.

1. gordo99

gordo99 New Member

See the next reply from SteveNT

2. MGeaR356

MGeaR356 New Member

bumpz for stevent..

3. gordo99

gordo99 New Member

I was trying to say that stevent replied to your question in a previous post. I don't know a lot about other features on the Audigy. I use it strictly as a device for audio recording. I have 2 speakers max and use headphones most of the time.

4. gigatron

gigatron New Member

New audigy2 drivers are out, what's up? Anyone try anything yet?

5. iisi

iisi New Member

It seems that everything else works, but while watching .avi or .mpg files,
    picture and sounds are jumping.
    Any ideas how to fix that?

These new sounds are incredible (exept in videos), they work almost like wallhack in games :drool:

PLZ someone help me !

EDIT: Operation
    First I extracted sb_install_multilang.rar to E:\
    next I extracted ctcomp.exe to E:\SB_INSTALL\Audio\Setup
    I runned E:\SB_INSTALL\Setup.exe
    I had problems with mediasource installation, but that should´t have anythint to do with my problem (?).
    Installed application updates (CMSP021216.exe, EAXCONSP021213.exe, SFBMSP021213.exe, SPKSETSP021213.exe). DVDA021213.exe
    Extracted AUD2DRVL11021217.exe to F:\driver
    Extracted ctcomp.exe to F:\driver and runned setup
    Extracted AUD2DRVL11030205.exe to F:\driver (after first deleting previous files :p )
    Extracted ctcomp.exe to F:\driver and runned setup
    Installed application updates updates ( CMSP030127.exe, SPKSET030206.exe, SURMIX030206.exe). DVDAPATCH030206.exe

6. RIV@NVX

[email protected] Freedom is a feature.

Everything seems ok to me, except that you have installed DVDAPATCH, which I haven't recommended to install on Audigy.
    But I am not sure that it affects video preformerance.

7. Ney

Ney New Member

kinda on-topic, kinda off-topic

I had tried A2 drivers on my Sb live, but I quit because the keyboard app in AudioHQ was "cutting sounds / hiccuping". Since I don't know any other app that can make my keyboard turn into a music keyb and I guess A2 drivers sound better by the comments, I wanna try them again. Do you know a solution for this problem?

I guess the kxdriver would be a better option, but I like playing games as much as I like to listen or make music. Or you think the kxdriver is also good for games? Is there a guide for game use?

8. gigatron

gigatron New Member

I got my sblive value updated and its a huge huge difference. For example while testing a woofer, after updatiing, the farting effect was gone and it was more of a proper bass. Like I know people 'like' the farting but its not precise its yuck and whoever likes that in their cars doesnt know a thing about music ;P

9. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Hey Gigatron which drivers did you use to update your SB Live Value?And have you tried them with games and Winamp?I'm asking because i tryed different drivers before and with a lot of them I have problems like crancking sound in Winamp or the lack of EAX in games that support it.

10. gigatron

gigatron New Member

I just followed the instructions, installed the cd after patching it with that program that changes the ID or some other thing so that the drivers are installable for my sound blaster live. Then I downloaded the first batch of updates and newer drivers patched them up and applied it. Then I downloaded yet another batch of updates and newer drivers and patched them up and installed them. Exactly as the instructions asked. And for me absolutely everything works. Perfect for lack of a better word. I also didn't install what was asked not to be. DVD-A stuff, i also didnt install that mediasource or something anyways didnt need it, and i didnt install HD console and speaker settings.

There are new drivers recently released however i dont wana try them if the patcher cant fix em up (shoulud but i dunno i wana see what someone else tries hehe).

11. gordo99

gordo99 New Member

12. gordo99

gordo99 New Member

13. Gun5

Gun5 New Member

Its great and all but I ended up buying the Audigy 2 (OEM) anyways.. well worth it :D

14. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

It works !!!

A very large thanks to BigBrownPimpsta for his extra as Zardon calls it "Friendly Canadian advise".
    And Necrosis for the drivers !!!

This Audigy2 update works. As far as Creative :evil: :evil:

They can l$#k the sn&^&y drop off the end of my L&^e Mu#$el
    I'm going M_Audio ... 16 channel true recording into a digital source ...........

Thank you :D

15. nr.Z

nr.Z New Member

a little offtopic : have anyone tried the A2ForSBLive.exe yet???
    i'm using official driver for a2 on my live 5.1 right now (383),it's pretty stable and good.
    anyone care to break the audigy 2 driver disc to different software for 56kers i would appreciate alot.i'm a 56ker myself.

16. RIV@NVX

[email protected] Freedom is a feature.

I bet it's a repack of Audigy2 CD with compatibility patch included...
    I wouldn't say it's worth trying, simply because everything works :)

17. vampgirl

vampgirl New Member

Sorry guys but I am a little lost here and really need advice!

I have an Audigy2 sound card and actualy I am using KX drivers because I use CubaseSX and those drivers are WAY MUCH better then the original creative for me. (better Asio and better routing)

Unfortunatly they really suck for gaming and listening to music :(

So I was wondering if with your hacked drivers I could get any better asio, routing for music composing?
    From what i read I guess there is no need to ask if i can get better gaming and music listtening performance as the answer seem to be YES :)

But I have to find a way to keep my CubaseSX and VSTi's working at there best too.

Wish there would be a fast way to switch between KX and Original Audigy drivers :( As I have sacrified games for audio :(

If I get ANY better results with your hacked drivers plz let me know and I will give them a try right away.

18. evil_one

evil_one New Member

You can create two hardware profiles, one with Creative's original drivers and the other one with KX.

19. blown503

blown503 New Member

If they suck for music and gaming My advice is to trash them because thats what you really need them for in the first place. My aud 2 card rocks, except I miss not having dos drivers

20. vampgirl

vampgirl New Member

Have you tried doing what you just advised?
    I tried but it dose not work!
    If you know how please, could you make a little guide and tell me how to make 2 profiles?
    Theoricaly I understand what you say and it should be doable. But apparently Xp would not do it corectly :(
    Anyway I would be so happy if I could have 2 profiles :)

My main question is still somehow not answered!
    What I want to know is that is these tweeked (hacked) drivers have also been optimised for Music composing softwares too or are they simply optimized for gaming ?
    Is there any better asio for example then the original creative drivers.

Don't forget that I already have an Audigy 2! So its not like someone who want to make his sb_live work like an audigy. I should use the drivers if they make the audigy work better then what it already is!