Very strange audio problem in XP... please help me!?

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by matteuk, Apr 20, 2009.

1. matteuk

matteuk New Member

hi iv been very hard at work trying to fix this weird problem with my audio, its totally cut off after i used this program (driver cleaner.net) and used a tool within the program to clean the drivers.cab file, was this bad? :/ then installed robs latest drivers
    after that i restarted my computer and pretty much everything in the sound section in devise manager is yellow?? and there's some weird new entries that i have never seen before with an error code 39? just se for your self.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4476/5394...

i have a creative xfi extrem music and yes i have already tried reinstalling the drivers for the sound card, please help iv got absolutely no audio

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Run the cleaner again. then try reinstalled my drivers. Do you have SP3? my driver do require that.
    Download the official Pax PCI XFI 6.60 set :) reinstalled all software that come with the driver and make sure you onboard sound is disable and your error reporting too.

3. matteuk

matteuk New Member

thanks for your reply rob your drivers are amazing, just wish i could get them working again.
    iv tried all of that still no luck

4. Robert McClelland

U might have reformated I find it helps :) just do quick formated and make sure you have all the patches from MS and SP3 and lastest direct x too.

5. x24200

x24200 New Member

Did you try another PCI slot and reinstall the driver ?

6. matteuk

matteuk New Member

just tried that, rob thanks but i cant i have alot of important data, any more suggestions?

7. Robert McClelland

run a tuneup program
    Uninstalled all with yellow ! then run the driver cleaner then make sure you have your netframe updated and sp3. and direct x updated then run my drivers again How much ram you got? Whats yoiur power supply also?

8. x24200

x24200 New Member

Step by step:
    - Copy back the driver.cab from xp installation cd; if you don't have the cd try leech a torrent.
    - In device manager right click and delete all yellowed devices; than refresh the manager (or reboot) ; Windows will detect and install these devices again with driver.cab available
    - Reinstall Rob's driver for your SB0460

9. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Agreed. I would also reinstall the display driver since that ATI listing will be dealt with when you install those.

On a side note, if this doesn't work for you, do a search on the net for something called "100,000 Universal Windows Drivers". Most times it will show up as a torrent, but you can find sites that post the Rapidshare links. The disc is about 1.5GB in size, so it will take some time to get, but it's worth it as it includes drivers for a lot of devices. What you would do is follow the above step for removing the devices in Device Manager, make sure the DVD with the drivers is in the drive, then run the refresh via Action | Scan for hardware changes in Device Manager. It should pick the necessary drivers for most if not all of the devices off of it. After that make sure to reinstall your display drivers, as well as the Creative drivers.