Volume resets to 67% with the v1.05

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by kelston, Jul 28, 2013.

1. kelston

kelston Active Member

Just updated to the version 1.05 set (non HD) at the top of the page yesterday. Since then, every time I start up or restart my system, my main Windows volume gets reset to 67% no matter what I logged off/shutdown at.

I've already tried a clean reinstall of the set and didn't have this issue previously (though I was using a release about a year old, saw no real reason to update, figured I do it). Not really sure what the issue is and Googling this problem the only solutions are driver reinstallation or changing the communication tab setting to "Do Nothing" but my communication tab setting is already at Do Nothing and i've tried reinstalling. So i'm pinning this on an issue with the driver.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you put computer to sleep then wake then restart? The may fix the issue. I don't have over control of that creative need fix it.

3. kelston

kelston Active Member

Just tried this after reading your post. Didn't appear to fix the issue unfortunately.

4. kelston

kelston Active Member

Figured i'd post to say I found a "fix" or at least one that worked for me. Don't know if anyone else has these issues, but hope it helps if someone else does.

Start -> Run -> Msconfig -> Startup tab

Disable: CTXfiHlp, CTXFIREG

Reboot. Seems to save settings on restarts now.