VR headsets and glasses.

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Liqourice, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I've been wondering about this for a while and I've searched but not been able to find any real facts.

Since I wear glasses at all times, I can't see much more than a blurry mess without them, I wonder how this will work with VR headsets like HTC Vive or Oculus rift. Is there a way to set the focus like there is on binoculars?

I'm quite far from getting one, I need a new computer that's capable enough first, but I wanna get one eventually so this is something I need to know for sure before.

Wearing glasses inside any of them seems a bit uncomfortable to me, at least for longer sessions.

2. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Apparently there are VR headsets you can use over glasses, including the Playstation VR. As for how you would set them up I'm not sure but they have thought about people who wear glasses for sure. Just make sure that you can use glasses with the one you want before buying first, if you find out you can you should be able to set up the goggles to be used whether near or far sighted.

Check this link out for more info.

3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

It's to bad noone has made adjustable lenses since I think that's a much better idea, just like many binoculars are made.