Ways the US gov is working against it's citzens

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by OnDborder, Feb 4, 2007.

1. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

1. Why? Only freight and mass transportation companies have reduced prices. Every individual pays the same price.
    2. Average fuel price in UK equates to $7.544118/gallon. The rich v poor population divide is the same in the US as in the UK.
    3. Buses & train fares loads cheaper. As conventional car sales go down, alternatively powered car sales would increase. Once sales reach a certain level (mass production) new car prices would drop significantly. Just look at what happened to calulators, PCs, DVD players. Compare the price of a new DVD player when it first hit the shelves all those years ago with the retail price now.
    Financial incentives & tax breaks given to companies who develop and invest in commercially viable vehicles that are environmentally clean could be introduced on a Federal level. The American motor industry would return to the top of global league. The US and its citizens would reap the financial & environmental rewards. The impact on US manufacturing created by instability in the Middle East and fluctuating oil prices would be nullified thus allowing the necessary conditions for sustainable growth. Exports would increase reducing the negative balance of payments created by the current Bush administration.

This is an example of Bush's short-sightedness and overall lack of vision and is a prime example of how he and his administration are working against US citizens.

I understand that this is a policy for the long haul and that there would be pain in short-medium term. To plan only for the next 4-8 years is no longer acceptable IMHO.

Edit: @Yousaif - Anyone who doesn't live in the cities will be amongst those who will be hit hardest and face the starkest choices. I was born and bought up in a city and maybe a solution (that is far from perfect) would be counties to introduce new regional bus services to interconnect towns. Those who truly live miles from anywhere may be required to make many adjustments to their lives during the years of transition.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  2. Yousaif

Yousaif Allergic to WiFi

There are already a large number of these breaks already in place. Please see Department of Energy - Tax Breaks for that information.

The point here is that in order to avoid financial ruin for everyone, this can't be a quick fix. The alternative fuels and vehicles that use them must be allowed to develop more organically- with the fertilizer of tax breaks thrown in.

The problem is that tax breaks need to be replaced by other funds- its not like there is this endless pool of money, no matter what our politicians and the more liberal set of our constituents may believe.

3. cozumel

Im talking about incentives for research, investment & development costs for a commercially viable clean alternative to the combustion engine. What's on offer currently is next to nothing for the manufacturer.

4. OnDborder

OnDborder New Member

5. cozumel

National Debt : The Bush 'gift' to US citizens.

War & Increased Global Instability : The Bush legacy to the world

6. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

National Debt: The United States government's gift to the people

War & Increased Global Instability: Terrorism and the presidents without enough balls to prevent them from attacking us legacy to the world

7. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Gov't administrations & allied corporations who's actions are the cause of the threat to begin with.

If we didn't have any 'enemies' we would need our $multi-Billion$ military industry. (yes - its an industry - just ask General Dynamics, Haliburton etc.. who's primary (read: $$ making) business is military contracts)

Lets face it - theres no money making opportunity in 'world peace' - not like there is in war anyway.

8. OnDborder

OnDborder New Member

Now we're going:D
    Someone's got the idea.
    I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one noticing the [email protected] happening around us, under our very noses..

Some believe that this was "planned" with assistance. Starting from the attack on 9/11. Actually the plans were laid out before that, http://www.newamericancentury.org/ , "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources for a New Century", and quotes this part of section V:
    "Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event—like a new Pearl Harbor." Which we did have. We were soo pissed we wanted revenge.. Wanted to get even. I can agree with the invasion of Afghanistan. Iraq was something else. It was a manipulation of "dis-connected" facts brought together to look like Irag/Hussein was a "threat".. Bull. But we were in such a frenzy we didn't care. Kill 'em all.
    Taken from here, http://internetdetectives.biz/case/loose-change#a-new-pearl-harbor .
    You youngsters out there better start to take this information to heart.. The ones that are manipulating events are counting on your ignorance and apathy.