Website Concept-Front Page

Discussion in 'Heavenly Visions & Echoes' started by cbeasley0, Oct 18, 2009.

1. cbeasley0

cbeasley0 Temerarious Technophile

Since I've been getting more into 3d, I've started to find new ways to incorporate it into my other media. For this one, I want to use 3d to make graphics to be used on the first page of my personal site. The center monitor will have either a scrolling image in java or flash, perhaps even a video, and then the other monitors will show icons and text which link to different parts of the site (i.e. contact info, portfolio work, etc) So far I like the idea, but I'm not necessarily liking how its panning out. Tell me what you guys think.

First off, I think I need to render each monitor and its cable in one scene instead of cloning single renders of the center monitor and cables, then warping for perspective.

Second, I need to make the cables/hoses that the auxiliary monitors are connected to smaller and longer.

I'm also having trouble with the flow of it, I'm thinking it could be balanced a little better. As a personal site, I want it to hit the nail on the head, and while its not going to be ready to go live anytime soon, I want to know your guys thoughts.

Am I overthinking this or do my points have some real validity?

Here's what I have so far:

[​IMG]

2. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Looks very cool, the only thing i'm thinking about is how you'd code it, Doing the CSS is all good and well but how are you going to add the content into the angled monitors? Or are you going to put images into each of those and manually add perspective in photoshop?

3. cbeasley0

cbeasley0 Temerarious Technophile

I was thinking about using css to make page elements for the are around the monitors and then use either flash or animated gifs for the movement on the actual screen. I'd go into photoshop and make a square selection around the monitor that would include the perspective as well as some background etc and then do a mouseover or insert the flash. I could also just define a page element and not include the monitor in the background, then put flash in the element with a transparency.

If I went down the flash road, I might use a background without the cables and mini monitors and then define page elements and use flash to make the cable and monitor sway slowly back and forth, as if each monitor "arm" were independently alive or moving.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009