Website security issues

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by clubrope, Dec 15, 2016.

1. clubrope

clubrope Member

A friends company website was compromised a few days ago and some confidential information were put at risk. Apparently, the company who handles the security was not efficient. Now they want to cut ties with them and hire a new one. Do you have any suggestions, preferably one that who handled your company’s website security before? Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

2. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

Which operating system are they using?
    What software is the site using?
    If self-written, what programming language was it written in?
    Which web hosting provider are they using?
    What was done to "compromise" the site, if not just login credentials (if applicable)?

3. relishape

relishape New Member

It is advisable if you have a cyber security consultant. I wonder also if your company has used a network vulnerability scanner. It can be suitable to your needs because that can detect security issues in network.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  4. clubrope

clubrope Member

I'm not sure about those things but I think I remember him saying that they got someone to create the web application. Also, it was SQL injection. I met up with him again earlier and I was told that they got a web security scanner that'll help them identify any security issues as well as run some sort of simulation.

5. Acesty6

Acesty6 New Member

if it does work that would be great everyone knows security issues are needed wondering what is safer to use and what is efficient compromising some important and confidential information need this redally want some update