What Movie Have You Watched Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I liked the first film a lot. I bought it on BR last year or the year before, even though it didn't have the best reviews (shocking I know) and enjoyed it very much. I didn't find out about the sequel till recently. Watched the trailer and...two things that make me not that interested in it from the trailer alone.
    1. John Boyega. I don't like his acting. Or his face. Like a poor man's Denzel Washington (who I LOVE).
    2. The action sequences and CGI remind me of the stupid Transformers movies.
    Yes it is possible I will watch and like it, but I know I won't pay money for it. Perhaps in a few years I will catch it on TV or something.

2. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

I watched Star Wars: The Last Jedi, I found it had a slow beginning and although it didn't suck outright, it just wasn't that good. In fact I'd go as far as saying it was kinda boring.

3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Also watched that and hated it with a passion (been a Star Wars fan for 42 years), Other than that I just recently watched Black Panther and enjoyed it (on a par with Dr Strange and Iron Man 3)

4. Calliers

I finally got around to watching Pacific Rim 2: Uprising. I liked it. I liked the heroes, and I found John Boyega to deliver enough, not a lot but just enough for the movie to be interesting. I don't like his accent. Other than that, it was an interesting action flick.

5. Calliers

I watched Curvature, sometimes it was a bit too slow for me, but overall it was a good science fiction movie. Recommended.

6. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Saw The Last Jedi a few days ago on bluray. It was one of the most boring movies I've seen recently. It didn't feel like Star Wars at all.

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  7. Calliers

Yup, -B-O-R-I-N-G-. Right??? So wacked out. I really didn't believe it was a Star Wars movie myself. I mean, it was like they weren't even trying.

8. Liqourice

I'm by no means someone who want's 120 minutes of action, I mean 2001 is one of my fav movies. But here the story is just so thin that it feels there's nothing happening at all. There's some action, there's some battles, but it all felt so hollow. I'm honestly not looking forward to the next movie.

Calliers likes this.
  9. Calliers

I just got done watching The Cloverfield Paradox, and, I liked it a lot. If you're looking for a good science fiction movie to watch and you liked the previous Cloverfield movies then it comes highly recommended from me. The ending was also quite satisfying.

Edit: I watched it on Netflix btw.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  10. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

I were ignoring these comments, I started watching it last Saturday night..

I managed to get about half way through (Roughly) and I fell asleep. so I may need to do a re-run soon, but I have the feeling its going to end as the first half began.

11. Calliers

I don't blame you, it's that boring lol.

12. Liqourice

It's sad really. They should have stopped after the original three. The prequels were bad, the sequels as well.

Though, I liked Rogue one.

13. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

recently watch black panther...

interesting concept.... lots of absurd insinuation which actually relies on a stereo type of a stereotype... which sadly has some justifications these days.

Best part is how the "heroes" of the day completely cast that bullshit aside though.

14. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

What does that mean?

15. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

When there is a really rather overused stereotype... that someone else is insistent on using and thinking it's 100% valid for everything everywhere because of their ignorance... which in itself becomes a stereotype... the 2 become a mutual vicious kind of circle... it's essentially a self contradictory thing. They are both disgusted that at what they believe to be true, as well as perpetuating it. Essentially a very SJW mindset.

What's ironic though, is the shear number of people that self identify as SJW and think black panther is just so incredible and ground breaking... and yet they are guilty, and in the movie, they are essentially the bad guy. It's kind of hilarious.

16. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

I done the re-run yesterday.. I spent the time waiting for Luke to take on Kylo, which never happened.. :(

And how LS died in this were very poor.. o_O

Its time to close the whole saga..

however, I did go to the cinema to watch Mortal Kombat many years ago , I watched that last night also (recorded) and that were a reminder of how poor it were.

Calliers likes this.
  17. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

watched a couple of gritty brit cop films recently.
    Filth tonight, which kind of skirts a line... it’s either great, or total shite. I can’t quite decide tbh, it may depend on the mood you’re in when you watch.

the other was Hyena, which is a legit quality film :)
    it’s just that it did a thing that I absolutely hate, which I can’t describe without giving major spoilers out.
    but it bugged me stupid afterward. still well worth a watch though.

Calliers likes this.
  18. Calliers

I just watched Maze Runner: The Death Cure, and it was better than the other ones in the series, I think it was the best one actually. 8/10.

19. Liqourice

Well, considering how bad the second one was it could only go up!

Calliers likes this.
  20. Calliers

Just watched Black Panther and I have to say it was a great movie. I give it an 8 out of 10. I especially liked the way it ended.