What Movie Have You Watched Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

That's the most difficult part man.
    I haven't watched the movie yet, I haven't watched a Jurassic Park movie since the 2nd or 3rd.

Calliers likes this.
  2. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

it was ok
    one of the problems with a film like that is that they know ahead of time that there are sequels coming, so it has to affect the writing around the end of the film
    you can’t properly properly ‘end’ a film if you’ve got to leave everything wide open for the sequels

Calliers likes this.
  3. Trusteft

I am currently watching Predators on TV. Awesome movie. It's the second time I get to watch it and I still think it's my second favorite Predators movie after the first one and the first good one since the third one.

4. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Watched The Darkest Minds, this is a great family movie (its title is a little misleading, it's actually about a bunch of teenagers) and even though Rotten Tomatoes gave it such a poor score I think it's a 10/10. It's very touching and I still find myself thinking about it and given how it ended, there is an opening for a sequel, which would be very good indeed. And when I say it would make a great family movie I mean if you've got only teens or want to watch it with your teenage kids as I think the rating on it is Teen.

Also watched Antman and The Wasp and it was great, just the kind of movie you want to relax to with some popcorn at the end of a long day. I definitely recommend this one and also it would make for a great family movie.

5. Calliers

Just got done watching my movie of the night, Upgrade, it has quite a twist near the end, but still it felt like a great ending and if you like cyborg movies or liked The Six Million Dollar man, this one is for you.

6. Trusteft

I am in the middle of the first season of Star Trek Discovery. I decided to watch it since I already had access to the episodes.
    So far I am upset with believing the weight haters of this series gave to some parts. Everything I have read/watched about the series and how bad it was supposed to be, is/was false.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't love the series or anything. For me it's so far the worst Star Trek series yet, but not for the reasons I was lead to believe.
    I will talk more about it when I finish watching the series in a few days or so.

7. Calliers

Watched another movie tonight, Kin, 10/10, loved it. If you like movies about strange tech you'll love this one. And they've got it set up so good for a sequel.

8. Calliers

Watched The Equalizer 2, Denzel is such a great actor. It was even better than the first, in a way.

9. Calliers

Watched Skyscraper, Dwayne Johnson gave a fantastic performance in this movie. If you love action movies check this one out.

10. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

Watched Bleach on Netflix. Like pretty much all Japanese live action movies I saw, it felt like a caricature, but it was enjoyable enough to watch and my 10 year old daughter enjoyed it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  11. Calliers

I started watching that movie a few days ago but I couldn't finish it. They should have made it an American production like Deathnote was. Didn't do it justice at all.

I watched Alpha Gateway which is one of the best Australian movies I've seen, Australian film isn't bad at all, I remember watching a series that was sci-fi as well but I forget it's name, on Netflix as well and it was good too. Canadian film is more like American film.

I also watched Time Freak, which me and my best friend rather enjoyed. If you like time travel then this is a good feel good movie you can tap into.

Including all this I binge watched Sword Gai last night and part of today, an anime that was highly rated on Netflix and I really was sad to see it end, I got real attached to the characters and the way it ended left me with mixed feelings. The ride was good though.

12. Calliers

Binge watched the first season of Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, and I believe this to be a remake of the original anime from 2011. It is superior to it in every way, although Netflix only has the first season available. I'm certainly am looking forward to season 2.

Also I watched a movie called Maximum Ride, and believe you me this move was bad. The acting was bad, the effects were lackluster, but in a good cheesy sort of way. It was a B rated movie which I kind of liked but didn't fully enjoy. Not recommended unless you have exhausted the entire library of Netflix and your personal movies and have nothing else to watch lol. The only reason I finished it was because I wanted to have a reason (seeing the end) for having started it in the first place.

13. Calliers

Just got done watching At First Light, great alien movie, with a weak ending. They had a chance of about 5 mins to wrap it up better but I guess they couldn't. Endings truly are the hardest part. I recommend it though.

14. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

google tells me The Giant Behemoth (1959), but I swear that’s not what the tv told me it was called the other night
    anywho, a 1950’s creature feature, and a pretty bad one tbh. don’t care, I love them, even the bad ones :)

edit: all I had to do was actually click through to IMDB; Behemoth The Sea Monster

Trusteft likes this.
  15. Calliers

Just got done watching Part I of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix, and man oh man was I surprised at how gory and nasty and scary the show was, it was really a horror, not just a thriller. And it dealt with a lot of taboo subjects. Otherwise it was awesome.

16. Calliers

I watched The Predator, the new one, and all I can say is I liked how it was like the first one with Arnold. For some reason it seemed like a cheesy action movie somewhat, my best friend didn't like that, but I thought it was cool. 7/10. Recommended.

17. Calliers

Watched Solo: A Star Wars Story, excellent, just excellent. The effects weren't over done, the drama wasn't corny, it was just a very well done movie. 9/10.

18. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Wasn't what I was expecting, not the comedy of the scenes of Buster Scruggs - in fact that character is only in the film for minutes. The rest is a series of short stories based in the Wild West. Some pretty dark, some sad, some optimistic. Great photography, brilliant acting and direction.

IvanV and Trusteft like this.
  19. Calliers

I just got done watching an anime series called "K" or "Project K", the K standing for Kings, I loved it and am sad that it's over. The drama in it was perfect. The fight scenes weren't bad but not the best, some of the fight scenes were grade A though.

There are two seasons out with a prequel movie in the middle. The first season is currently available on Netflix and that's where I first learned about it as it was recommended to me by Netflix.

20. Calliers

Just watched Time Trap, excellent movie. Sooooooo good. The best part is I didn't expect it a lot from it, at all. I thought it was just some cheap flick, but oh my was it great or what! If you love movies that deal with time travel, science fiction and different dimensions then basically it is a must watch. 10/10!