What Movie Have You Watched Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

I watched Glass (watching Unbroken was to prepare for Glass, I didn't see Split though I know it's supposed to be a trilogy coz Split isn't my cup of tea) and it was wonderful, not as good as Unbroken, but pretty darn good. 8/10.

As always Samuel L. Jackson and Bruce Willis put on a great performance and so did James McAvoy.

2. Calliers

Just saw Master Z: Ip Man Legacy, great martial arts movie. Wing Chun at its finest. If you love kung fu movies this one is a must watch.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Last night I watched Erruption L.A. A 2018 movie, on TV...
    Masterpiece.
    It's so bad that it's good, but also has some genuinely good parts AND it makes fun of itself. It's hilarious. Masterpiece. I just wish it gets a bluray release one day.

4. Calliers

I watched What Men Want a few days ago as well, it's basically exactly like What Women Want except the main actor is a woman. It's very very funny, that I can confirm. 9/10.

5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

Went to see Avengers: Endgame this afternoon.

6. Calliers

Me and my friend were going this afternoon but alas, I was feeling tired for some reason, I still hadn't shaken off my bedhead.

7. Calliers

I watched Keanu, wonderful movie. I love Key and Peel so was straight up my alley. Plus I could relate to what they were saying in the movie. :)

8. Calliers

I saw Escape Room. I am very much looking forward to the sequel which has been confirmed. I've never been in an escape room, but they were all the rage here for a little while. After watching this film I'm never going to go to one lol.

9. Dyre Straits

Went to see Detective Pikachu this evening. Very fun and entertaining movie.

10. Calliers

Yeah it just toppled Avenger's Endgame at the box office.

I saw The Perfect Date, fun movie. Quite engaging, reminds you of when you were young and girls seemed complicated.

11. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

watched Dead Man’s Shoes again cos it was on the telly box last night
    probably not technically his best , but certainly my personal favourite Shane Meadows movie :)

12. Calliers

Watched Shazam, I enjoyed it, but it seemed to be too short or something, it seemed like it was missing something that would have made it excellent or perfect. I guess maybe I bought into the hype. 7/10.

13. Dyre Straits

Not a movie, but, my "kids" convinced me to join the AMC monthly pass. As much as we have started going to the movies, the $23 per/month total cost for pretty much 'unlimited' movies, discounts on concessions, etc., seems it will more than pay for itself. My own Senior cost per movie has been running about $17 per movie. So, if I see even 2 movies in a month, I've already saved money.

Trusteft likes this.
  14. Calliers

Also saw Flatliners a few days ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it exceeded my expectations of it. I didn't think it would be as good as it was. For anyone who likes thrillers and horrors check this one out if you haven't already. (I usually don't watch horrors but this one wasn't as scary)

15. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Not a movie, I finished watching the first season of Brooklyn Nine Nine. I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not the best sitcom ever, but it is a fun 20+ min ride for each episode. I plan on watching the rest.

16. Calliers

Watched The First Purge and even though I thought it would be bad, it turned out to be quite a good action movie. 8/10.

17. Dyre Straits

Just finished watching John Wick Chapter 2 at home. We had seen it at the theater when it came out in 2017. We are going this Sunday afternoon to see the 3rd installment at the theater. These movies take vengeance movies to an all-new level...if you like vengeance movies.

If you haven't seen the first two, I'll share just this little bit that shouldn't really be a spoiler. The 2nd one ends with John Wick having one hour before it becomes open hunting season on him with all of the organized crime "families" gunning for him.

So, the 3rd one should provide an intense 2-3 hours as he tries to stay alive.

18. Calliers

If you liked John Wick and haven't seen them yet, the two Equalizer movies with Denzel Washington are works of art too. Be sure to check them out.

They're both vengeance movies and are both sick.

[​IMG]

Dyre Straits likes this.
  19. Dyre Straits

We did go see John Wick 3 Sunday afternoon in IMAX. It did not disappoint! And, the ending definitely gives promise that there will be yet another in the series.

Without giving the details, there's a definite Assassin's Creed element depicted in this one. :)

20. Calliers

I watched Jordan Peeles' Us and I have to say, I was not impressed. I aborted watching it very near the end, it wasn't a bad movie just over-rated I believe.

Speaking of movies, you guys seen this yet?