What Setup Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by drwho, Mar 16, 2019.

1. drwho

drwho Active Member

This may be a strange subject, but I'm having a terrible time trying to find a new desk to setup my new computer on. Right now I'm using an old Sauder desk with a hutch. Every opening on the hutch is filled to overflowing. Naturally, I want to clean things up, but don't know what I want. So what kinds of desks do you guys use and what is used for storage also. I realize that this is probably a silly question, like who asks about computer desks on a computer forum (Lol). Look forward to your answers though. :)

2. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

3. drwho

drwho Active Member

Thanks, Calliers. :cool:

4. Calliers

No problemo. :)

5. drwho

drwho Active Member

Heck, after looking at some of the pics in that thread, my desk looks clean. :D

LOL

6. Calliers

Hahahahaha!!! I know that is mine included lol. With mine I can't help the cables on the desk, but I've kind of got them a little tamed now. Inside my case Judas helped me out with cable management so at least that looks nice and clean now though.

7. drwho

drwho Active Member

8. Calliers

9. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I love my corner desk. Got it from Ikea 12+ years ago. Saves a lot of floor space in my apartment

QB

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  10. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

1. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the color of your PC case. The rusty/orangy/brown color.

2. This is for people to laugh with me. I never figured out how corner desks like this were useful. Why? Because whenever I imagined one I was imagining it in the same position/place as any other non corner desk. I was like, what the fuck is the point? LOL Such an idiot I know lol.

11. Trusteft

While there is a huge thread as @Calliers has already pointed out, I will reply here.
    1. I use a huge medieval style table as the main computer desk. It was given to me by an uncle of mine who used to make furniture and this was in his storage as the original customer never paid for it to have it delivered. It's 90+cm deep, almost 2 meters long and it is huge. The four legs alone weigh over 200 kilos. I think. A great table, but I am considering cutting its legs and making it a tall bed.

2. For my next computer desks I plan on getting a couple of those height adjustable desks, probably from IKEA. I don't plan on using them as standing desks (that's just for douches), but as I have problem finding chairs that I like, and as depending on what I do I want different height, they look good to me. Plus they do look good and they are much thinner. :)

12. drwho

drwho Active Member

I've been looking at corner desks alot, but unfortunately the area in the living room where I have my current desk just won't work with a corner setup. The desk I linked to above on Amazon is probably what I'll end up purchasing. I have an old bookshelf that I can use for a lot of the the junk I currently have my old desk.

13. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

@Trusteft:

The paint I used to do my case was called "Hammered Copper" It actually has a texture.

QB

Trusteft likes this.
  14. Trusteft

Thank you.

15. Calliers

I should also mention I turned my speakers on the table (the satellite speakers) to slightly face me and it allows for a more immersive experience, I didn't know about this little trick until just a short while ago hehe.

16. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

Are you pulling our collective legs? You didn't realize that speakers should be facing you? The only speakers that are non-directional are sub-woofers... Even my pic above illustrates this, since the lone speaker (5.1 system) on my desk, points towards my couch... the other 4 satellites are positioned around the living room to properly fill the space, while sitting on the couch....

The above post must be a joke...

QB

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  17. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people just sat the speakers perpendicular to the wall behind the desk without thinking, because we're used to right angles so much.

Calliers likes this.
  18. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

If I understand correctly speakers should be the same distance between each other as they are from you for the best audio experience.

I'm actually currently using a desk that I got for free from work (from when we moved offices). Really broad and stands out a bit in the living room (lol) but really solid.

Calliers likes this.
  19. drwho

drwho Active Member

I've finally settled on a desk. It took me awhile, below is what I've settled on finally. I decided I wanted a few drawers to store a couple of things that I keep in my old desk now. I'll post some pics when I've got everything setup. This will allow me to spread my desktop speakers out some two. :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LBKV6H...olid=2D8GM7XJH1MSD&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Hey Takaharu

If it's not two much trouble, I'd like to see a picture of your desk.

Trusteft likes this.
  20. Trusteft

If this works for you, that's great.
    It would annoy the shit out of me as it would create feeling of claustrophobia with the limited amount of space for the legs.

Tipstaff likes this.