What smartphone or Tablet do you use?

Discussion in 'Smartphone & Tablets Discussion / Support' started by Teme, May 25, 2011.

1. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

I got a refurbished Sony Xperia Z5 Compact to replace my Galaxy S4 Mini, which is getting a little long in the tooth (still working fine, and a recent battery replacement helped, but browsing on it, which I occasionally do, is somewhat troublesome). The Z5 Compact has Android 7.1.1, which is much newer than the 4.2.2 on the S4 Mini (which, as I just learned here, will no longer have Chrome support), and of course has better specs. On the other hand it's significantly (31g) heavier.

Haven't switched to it yet. I'm waiting for a better case than the rubber one I got. Hopefully I'll enjoy it and won't break it too soon (I've read it's a little fragile, and I tend to drop my phone occasionally, which the S4 Mini has survived beautifully).

niceguyrichy likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

I didn't want you guys to laugh at me so I didn't say it then, but I swapped my Galaxy a few days after I got it for a Huawei P20. I must say it is a solid phone. I've dropped it like 4 or 5 times and it's still without a scratch (although I did get a screen protector and Otterbox case for it). I love the camera:-

[​IMG]

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

Who's laughing?

LOL, hehehe, :D

Calliers likes this.
  4. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

oh I can update this for first time in a while
    still an iPad Air 2 on the tablet front (+3 others for various stuffs), and now an Umidigi One Pro for my main phone
    it’s still amazing, and still an absolute bargain

[​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  5. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

After using my Xperia P for the last 6 years......

[​IMG]

This thing has been by my side 24/7 in that time. It's been dropped many many times. It has been dunked in the bath. Streamed thousands of hours of music to my bluetooth headphones. Finally it got to the point that apps no longer supported its 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS and was too slow to keep up with things like Firefox Android or BBC Sounds. It is now my 'phone' that is left in the house though I still use it for when I go running as it has Sony Walkmate still on it and that is no longer in the app store.

I am now the owner of an Xperia XZ1......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which is exponentially better than my P in about every way. Bigger screen with better resolution, stereo speakers, solid Bluetooth connection, instant GPS, WIFI ac that runs at the full speed of my connection (100Mbps), waterproof, better camera, fingerprint unlocking, Android 8 with a supposed 9 on the way. Plus it is so much faster, apps are all fluid and instantaneous now.

Attached Files:

niceguyrichy and Calliers like this.
  6. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Can't you find it in your Play Store library? Go to My apps & games and switch to the library tab. It should contain everything you ever installed, including stuff that is no longer normally available.

7. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Nope it's gone - dunno why, it was a decent little app for what it does.

8. Calliers

Berry nice, I've had a Sony Xperia phone before and they are pretty decent.

9. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

surely you can just go find the apk somewhere and install it on your new phone?

10. Calliers

So my little bro just got a Galaxy S10 and it's making me jelly lol. :rolleyes:

11. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

I found out that my $60 per month MetroPCS account ALSO includes, at no extra charge, Amazon Prime! This is a $99 USD value and does include the videos and music, etc that is all included in Amazon Prime. However, I was a bit miffed that I only found this out about a week or so ago...via the NEWS posts, instead of last OCTOBER when the deal was enacted. MetroPCS really dropped the ball by not texting me or otherwise notifying me that this was part of the deal.

I still get total unlimited everything for the $60 per month.

IvanV and Calliers like this.
  12. Calliers

That's a sweet package man.

13. Calliers

Got this today, Samsung Galaxy S10, should be here by next Monday. :)

Will be keeping both this new phone and my Huawei P20 as I am finding my battery dies too quickly as I use my Huawei too much in one day, it's enough that it has become annoying now and basically whenever I need my phone the battery is dead and it is on the charger.

(got it in the Prism White on the right, and a see through Spigen case as well as Spigen screen protector)

[​IMG]

IvanV likes this.
  14. Calliers

Waiting for my screen protector and case to open it. Will do an unboxing on my channel. :D

Pic taken with my Huawei P20. I should also mention I've paid off my Huawei P20, so it's phone bill is just 20 bucks a month now.

[​IMG]