What u drive in GTA:SA PC ???

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by ut2k4wikichici, Jun 8, 2005.

1. ut2k4wikichici

ut2k4wikichici Banned

that sucks

i knew rockstar would do something stupid

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Well after speaking with ATI last week, rockstar didnt work with ATI developing this game at all, im surprised it runs as well as it does.

3. ut2k4wikichici

ut2k4wikichici Banned

Could People Stop Dissing Gta Untill I Play It It Might Run Perfectly On Mine !!!!!

Wait A Day Then U Can Start Bickering Again!!!

Your Makeing Me Feel Like A Dumbass For Ordering This!!!!!

This Is Like That Driv3r Episode!!!! Some People Like It Some Dont Stop Forceing Your Belives On Others And............

What Kinda Of Glitches Are They ??? Texture Popping ??? Soo What!!!!

Pm The Glitches To Me I Wunna See Them!!!!

Let Me ****ing Play It!!!!

4. HardwareHeaven

fifth time you have been out of line and previous warnings apparently mean nothing to you. I suggest until you learn a little respect when you post you find another forum.

5. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

Ouch. :wtf:

6. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

this is why I love Allan, best of the best in keeping the order. :p

7. Gardinen

Gardinen New Member

If you check my sig. you should see that my comp. is over qualified to run San Andreas really well. Well, doesn't.
    There's a lot of grapical bugs here and there, even with latest Catalyst 5.6 drivers.
    And the in-game framelimiter really just sucks. Seems to be like 30 fps. And if I turn it off, it runs smooth, but then TOO smooth.
    The car runs faster from time to time. Really annoying.

I hope that Rockstar realleases a fix for all of these problem.

8. HardwareHeaven

Yes I agree, ive found the overall experience on ATI graphics cards a lot less pleasing that with Nvidia (which is marvellous).

I did mention this earlier but its really due to the fact rockstar didnt spend any time with ATI during the development phase sorting the game out. im sure ATI will take it apart now its released and start applying fixes in forthcoming driver sets. Thats of course if its possible on their side.......

9. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Man.. my week keeps getting better and better.. not only do I pooch my card, but a game I wanted to play on it.. plays like [email protected]!^ on it. Fantastic.

I've played through about 1/2 of it on the PS2, but got side tracked with other issues, and games. I've picked it up for the Xbox, but have yet to crack the seal on it.. guess I'll get the chance since I won't be doing any serious gaming on this machine for a while (thought about playing some Starcraft again.. seeing as how I'm in that nostalgia mood... Geforce 3 Ti200 and all).

-Tip

10. Daim

Daim New Member

yeah i have a 9800 xt and it runs realy nice on 1280 x 1024 but somethimes i get a crash to desktop and a error message that the gpu is resetted or something.. cant realy remember exactly i have had this twice now in about 6 hours of playing.. anybody else with this problem??

a VPU recover error

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  11. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

I bought GTA:SA PC today, Looks totally fantastic, (as I have a Geforce 6800 :)) Only a few bugs though :

First, the intro fails if you set AA/AF through the control panel (they skip ok though), second the in-built AA doesnt work, apart from that its all good, the draw distance is huge, and the game looks great, shame CJ's clothes look melded onto him :p

12. pigdog

pigdog New Member

I'm having game ruining issues here. Mostly to do with sound. I get no ambient sounds when on foot. No bullet sounds either. In fact. now that I think about it, I'm only getting the rare NPC voice (Hookers etc). When I'm in a car, I get the radio, but nothing else. The only thing that seems to work properly are the cut-scenes at the beginning of a mission. And only sporadically at that.

And after about 3 hours of play, the sub-titles now run through at a hundred miles per hour. Most of the time now I have no idea what's going on in the story.

I suspect it may well have something to do with eax. But there is no option to adjust anything in the game menu.

So I'm pretty much player without sound, and without a clue.

I'm having no problems with any other games.

If anyone has any ideas, It would be greatly appreciated.

13. Dom

Dom New Member

I drive whatever is closet to my position until I find a fast motorbike and car. Although I do like the buses and other heavy vehicles too.

14. thegave

thegave -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

I ride around town on my low rider bicycle.

I think they trashed the Sabre it was my #1 all time favourite ride in Vice City but now it handles like a brick on ice. waaay too much oversteer. sports cars are way too hard to come by i've only seen two banshees.. =(

The sports bikes and Sanchez are my other favourite vehicles. But running around is fun too because it improves CJ's stamina.

If you have to pay for one game I would pay for Battlefield 2 because a)it'll probably be cheaper than GTA SA and b)you need that cdkey because multiplay is everything.

15. HardwareHeaven

true but i just go to the gym once a week and train until he can no more, this way you keep the stamina and muscle at the max. ive no patience to run around the map, its way too massive.

I like the bikes, and its a nice touch the radio stations sound weaker on the bikes, with less bass as if the radio is on the bike......

16. thegave

thegave -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

once a week is enough to maintain his muslce?
    I get Muscle - within a day of not working out... or two days. pretty soon, almost annoyingly soon.