Which filters should I use?

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by Nickel020, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Nickel020

Nickel020 New Member

Hi,

I'm working a video card review right now so I'm constantly changing video cards and I want to use DC to make sure the drivers are fully uninstalled before I isntall a new video card.

Which filters should I use to uninstall the standard ATI driver w/ CCC? And which filters for the standard Nvidia drivers?
    I.e. will the "ATI" filter also remove the CCC or will it just remove the display driver?

That's also something you should change about DC imho, make it more obvious as to which filters people should use. E.g. you could create a FAQ about how to clean the most commonly used drivers and "link" it directly on the main application.

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Hi there and welcome to DriverHeaven!

First you need to uninstall the ATi drivers from the control panels add/remove programs. Then boot to safe mode and start the cleaner and clean the system using multiple filters. Select ATI, ATI CCC and ATI Installation Utility. For nVidia there are the chipset drivers (nForce) and the gfx drivers (forceware).

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

Nickel, there is a filter page in the help file that shows like what you want to remove and what filter is it like:

- ATI Catalyst Driver + Control Panel = ATI
    - ATI Catalyst Control Center = ATI CCC

So you need to use ATI and ATI CCC.

for the nVidia display drivers you need to use the filter nVidia and nVidia Control Panel, but only use the nVidia Control Panel filter when you don't have a nForce chipset.

The filter page should explain the filters, but i will add the nvidia and ati example on the instruction page 7 in the next update.