WikiLeaks!

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by Senor_Mota, Nov 29, 2010.

?

Is WikiLeaks doing the right thing?

1. Yes! Power to the people!

75.8%
  2. Somewhat, yes, because we shouldn't handle these matters subversively.

6.1%
  3. I'm on the fence.

15.2%
  4. NO! They are a terrorist organization!

3.0%
  1. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Freedom this, freedom that. There is no freedom, haven't you understood that yet?

That's where things like wikileaks come in, they fight FOR freedom. The way the world has developed the last few decades it's well needed because what you call freedom is slowly and surely dismounted in so many ways, and you don't even notice it. If it weren't people like those that expose the governments for what they are you wouldn't know anything about how your freedom has been revoked.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I don't exactly debate from the position of ignorance, Frankly i don't care what your credential you may or may not have may be...

But you've already pinned something on someone within the military..

unfortunately just because someone that may have leaked a little information thus far, may have been military, that's not to say all of it was. And frankly i could care less what legal standing it has, Civilian or military, we all have rights and when it comes to the truth and accurate information, wikileaks is actually provided a decent medium which without doubt will oventually be taken advantage of for more bullshit down the road..

If you wanted to wade through all the legal crap, in the end it's all a joke anyways....

No admendment or governing body under any instatution and overturn the constitution and general rights of each "free soul".... It is not treason to expose current governments and instatutions such as the military and current US or any world government for that matter, in what they have been doing behind closed doors and even against the will or wishes of the majority of the people. Reguardless, fact, it's treason for obama to reside as a UN board member..... yet what's being done?

Do double standards count, course if you want to single out someone specifically or a group and excute/imprison them for life against the majorities educated and well reasoned opinion... might be interesting.

I don't debate or discuss from a totally ignorant or idiotic standpoint... I understand and comprehend some of the rules, and frankly anyone that actually uses a little common sense with a little bit of heart so to say mixed with some decent logic will oventually come to the conclusion that some of the rules and laws are royally fucked up and demand changing....

3. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

oh really?

Info oposted on another forum I frequent:

Are you happy now?

4. Earthmonger

Earthmonger New Member

Once in a while I'll stop the car on a dead end road, out in the middle of nowhere, in the dark, early hours of morning. I'll have a smoke, look around, and think, "I'm a long way from home. Damn I miss the States." Then I get home, see the news, and facepalm. What the fuck was I thinking a few hours ago? Miss the US? Are you nuts? I'd rather live in a land of freedom.

I was born in Peoria, Illinois. Up until my late twenties I was a resident of America. These days I hesitate to even call myself American. It seems the further I disassociate myself from that morass of bullshit, the happier I am. I spent some time in England before ending up in Norway, with wife and kid. Now every time I read the news I'm grateful for the change.

The civilians of the US are innocent. Because, after five or six generations of brainwashing, they no longer able to see brainwashing. Republican, democrat, liberal; doesn't matter. Party is irrelevant. When the system you serve has been corrupted for so long and so deeply, you yourself can serve only corruption. Doesn't matter what happens in your term. Nothing you accomplish can unravel the knots. My opinion is that the US government must be destroyed. It can't be fixed. It needs to be rolled back 100 years. It needs to be of the people, by the people, and for the people again.

Who's interests are you really serving? Who's giving the orders to the ones giving you the orders? Carrying the badge "military" might as well be labeling yourself, "mindless sheep". I think it would be best for the US to go on defense, while sorting itself out, instead of making its problems worse with offenses in the rest of the world. As the US polices the world, who polices the US? Its citizens? Its 'elected officials'? Ha. Yet if a party stands up to the US, it's suddenly labeled a gang of terrorists.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  5. Judas

sure am... considering some of those links are directly related to that of the taliban representives that were essentially fake or placed....

rabbit hole..... it's quite deep

6. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

LOL, they are all broken links, 404 Errors. I guess the "proof" was in the pudding...

7. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

8. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

Works for me. To be honest we should have backed out of that sandbox years ago and started worrying about real problems that directly impact us. Not some "terrorist" organization that we use to scare people into signing things like the Patriot Act. Having informants there isn't helping end the war and, quite frankly, I don't know even how helpful they are considering that we are still getting blown up by the same group of people we are supposedly spying on. RANT off....

WikiLeaks is fine and dandy with me. Gives me something I can make popcorn for and read :cool:

Honestly, I think people just get way to caught up in their own tangled web of beliefs to really think about what is good for people as a whole but that is just me.

9. Judas

exactly precisely that..

It was ilegal for us to even enter said countries in the first place... reguardless of what reasons were given.... false as they've been proven...... we should be held accountable...

10. Liqourice

I really don't get it.. how people can without critisism hands off believe anything their government officials spews out. Governments ALWAYS have to be under the looking glass from it's people and wikileaks are providing some of the ways to do that.

The people in charge cheers for people that swallows everything they say because those gullible ones ensure that the ones in charge can stay in their positions. On the other hand they truly fear those that challenge them and presents evidence of their deeds. Of course they don't want to give those people fair trials because then even more truth could come out.

I'm not pointing fingers here, this is happening in all nations.. just more in some than others.

11. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

Exactly. The brutal cycle continues...

12. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

some of the cables related to the middle east are interesting , not that I had any faith in the government anyway.

13. Liqourice

I agree with some critics that are asking why doesn't Assange release all documents he's in posession of. It speaks of some kind of hidden agenda. Though, I completely agree that documents of this kind needs to be revealed to the public. Politicians and leaders all over the world say one thing and do another, they plain lie to the public about what they're doing and that's wrong. Whoever publicly disagrees with this is probably on the leaders payroll.

Not that there's a real suprise that the world leaders are lying to us, at least those of us who think at least a bit critically are aware of this, the problem is that they try their best to keep us completely in the dark, Big Brother style, and that really has no place in a true democracy. We vote for them to be our representatives in our governments but when they get there they are following other agendas. THIS is what wikileaks are showing us and this is good.

No wonder the site is being censored, no wonder people in high positions are screaming to throw everyone behind the site in jail or worse. They do it because they're caught with their pants down.

14. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

So the terrorist knows the important facilities where to strike if they want to hurt the US? What if your work place would be on the list and it would be attacked ??
    And again you are saying that it's ok to broke laws so people would know what industrial sites would be good targets for terrorists?? No wonder that the Swiss bank froze some back accounts yesterday ;)

15. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

The Pentagon had their chance to vet all documents before they were ever released to protect valuable intelligence and lives at risk.

16. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Well since they all are in digital form they might have thought that they are safe. Since limited number of people has access to them. And the source of the leak in this case is found.... Would you like that The Pentagon simply just would drop filing any rapports what they do.

17. Liqourice

It's not that type of documents so this is just a bogus argument.

18. Judas

actually assange explained the reasoning..

One of which is every time before the release of this documentation is done.... he submits what he can after careful review to those that may or may not be effected by the release of information with that suggestion that THEY release this same information before he does... give them in some cases even several months to comply at which point, he has claimed that under almost every leak he's made public.... not a single one of the government have ever come forward to either make public themselves or to even show that they had received his notices..

Another factor is look at the size of the wikileaks crew..... it's tiny... and for all matters, it takes a shit ton of reading to get through that kind of material.... before the most recent leak was done, it took them months to sort through, one article suggested that they had received this information almost 2 years ago or at least some of it.... around the same time that there were other leaks.... and they were able to review the one video before the documentation.

So while there is potential for other agendas...... and i won't deny there may be.... the fundlemental fact is that the documenation is legitimate for the most part... it's not all of it.... and it certainly isn't the last.

19. Judas

your both naive and fear mongering.

Any intelligent "terrorist" knows what to attack and what not to attack.

It's stupid to not know.... that's irrelavent.

And actually under several laws, the information release is neither legal or ilegal depending on the understand of the laws and how they can be interpreted.

Constitutionaly, though, no law has been broken.

And frankly any public member of any of these countries.... should not be pissed off at the source of the transparency... should be pissed off with the corrupt and lieing government.

I'm amazed how people side with thier government as their own government continues to tighten the noose around their necks.. frankly doesn't make sense.

Freedom and liberty comes with a bit of danger, security is nothing more then a false sense of safety..... special security today, it's ripe with abuse and oppresion not to mention corruption at the highest of levels, and it present gaping security holes that make it even EASIER for "terrorists" or enemies more accurately to do the damage they might wish to do.

20. Liqourice

I heard the swedish minister of justice speak today about how nothing was out of the ordinary, that it was only normal, natural and yada yada yada... yet more lies.

I don't trust a single word that woman says about all this.