Win 8.1 - Streaming Video Very Erractic

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by drwho, Nov 14, 2013.

1. drwho

drwho Active Member

Since upgrading to 8.1, I've been having problems watching any kind of video through my Firefox browser. Every once in awhile I miss a favorite TV show and forget to set the DVR. Trying to catch those shows I've missed now since I've upgraded to 8.1 is almost not worth the effort. The video stutters, freezes and skips. When I had Win 8 Pro I had no such problems. I was wondering if someone might be able to suggest a solution. I'm not sure exactly what info I should list to help you guys, so I guess I'll have to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Thanks for your help in advance. :D

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

internet explorer 11?

I don't know.... i'm quickly catching up to the number of machines I sold with windows vista and windows 7.... It's like everyone and their dog decided to upgrade to windows 8/8.1 this fall/winter.

Mind you I only use nightly x64 version of firefox with my clients....

I've had no such reports.. and I test a number of streaming things on both browsers... things that use html5 and flash and Silverlight.

Actually comedy central I use and it's flawless.

In fact, on the poor little netbooks with the dual core atom n450/475's, moving to 8.0/8.1, has resulted in MUCH better fullscreen playback for streaming content.

So i'm at a loss... aside from suggesting to install the latest video drivers and such.

I've seen some NVidia based machines revert to windows supplied wdm1.2 or older drivers after the update.