Win7 won't install on Acer Aspire 5920

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by abby normal, Apr 17, 2014.

1. abby normal

abby normal Member

:confused:My wife has a Acer Aspire 5920, 32-bit OS,Vista. hard drive was partitioned 50/50, C: and D: drives. I have installed Win7 on a few PC's but never a laptop. I F-disked the hard drive, only wanted 1 drive in PC. When I finished the F-disk, I put the new Win7 disk in and restarted the PC. The laptop started and no screen activity. It looked like the cd-drive and the Hard disk where talking to each other, but still no familar screen activity. Any help or suggestions are welcomed.

abby normal

2. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Well you usually have to have to have the bios set to boot from your CD/DVD drive (not always default) Also some systems bios you have to hit a key on boot to select to
    boot from other then then primary Hard drive. Also even when setup properly to boot from CD/DVD sometimes there is a very brief message with a short amount of time where you have to hit a key to tell the system to boot from the CD/DVD drive.

(Tip: Far as Fdisk goes you didn't need to do that you can delete / create partitions in the windows 7 installer)

3. Dan7crudgington

Dan7crudgington New Member

I think what is happening here is when u try to boot up windows there could be several things the disk is scratched it's an old pc with a rubbish processor or the graphics card is rubbish when u boot a disk up it try's and see if ur hardware is compatible but insome cases it thinks it can run it but really it can not meaning when it's finished booting the disk up for install it try's to activate the hardware in the computer but if It can't it goes in to a cycle it fails then try's to activate then it fails then try's to activate my suggestion here buy a new computer with 8.1 on it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk