Windows 10 1809 bungle: We won't miss early problem reports again, says Microsoft

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by MIG-31, Oct 10, 2018.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Microsoft has modified its Feedback Hub tool for Windows Insiders after it was discovered that many testers had already reported the same file-deletion problems that prompted Microsoft to halt the Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
    Rather than having to pull the Windows 10 version 1809 update after releasing it to the public, Microsoft could have fixed this issue if only its engineers had noticed multiple reports from Windows insiders on Microsoft's Feedback Hub about data loss after upgrading.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

So a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of people had a problem due to a rather odd and uncommon behavior that this tiny fraction did in terms of file management that arguably shouldn't have necessarily been done.... and the internet explodes with "my shits missing!"....

No wonder i've installed 1809 as updates and clean installs on well over 100 machines without a single issue.

Mass panic... for next to no good reason.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You are very special Judas. Nothing ever goes wrong with your Windows PCs, we know that.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  4. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with my 1809 update... I have all my user folders relocated (as all SSD users should). I did notice a whole slew of new user folders, that were redundant. They should never have been added, I am guessing this is where the issue came from. I just deleted them all. Another reason to move user folders, I am pretty sure I started this long before I had an SSD. I think the "relocate" option for user folders was introduced in Windows 7 (I skipped 8, so 8.1 FOR SURE).

QB

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

and the millions of others that either know what they are doing or, aren't buggering things up themselves.

I too have my user folders moved to another drive, and never had a problem so far.

I've moved user folders since windows 9x days and throughout xp/vista as well.