Windows 10 and KX-3552 (new fix)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mole2old, Jun 9, 2015.

1. mole2old

mole2old Thinking sucks, let’s go break something ...

Fix for the KX-Driver v3552/3553 (updated 15.03.2018)
    Supported OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (x86/x64) .
    Unsupported OS: Windows XP (x86/x64) and any Windows Server.

1. DOWNLOAD DRIVERS
    2. DOWNLOAD FIX

Supported cards:

Click image to view full size!
    [​IMG]

The contents of an archive:
    1. Latest fix for KX-3552/3553 driver.
    3. Foobar2000 ASIO components and step-by-step instructions: how to enable KX-ASIO output.
    4. Winamp ASIO output plugin and step-by-step instructions: how to enable KX-ASIO output.
    5. Screenshots and Help files.

Quick Start:
    1. Uninstall previos KX (Creative) drivers, any third-party KX-DSP plugins and restart PC.
    2. Do a clean install of the KX-3552 driver and restart PC.
    3. OK any kX popups that may pop up.
    4. Run "[15.03.2018]_mole_hotfix_kx-3552(3553).exe" as admin and restart when it says to restart the PC.
    5. OK any kX related pop ups that may pop up when Windows loads up.
    6. Set kX WaveOut 2/3 as default playback device in the Windows Sound Control Panel.

Attention: strongly recommended to read the help files included in the archive.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    EvilDeed, tml3nr, Mkry0701 and 2 others like this.
  2. intealls

intealls New Member

Thanks alot! Worked great with Windows 10.

One issue however, which might be related to my PC. Sometimes when resuming from sleep, the kX device disappears and will only reappear after a reboot. I'm using an Audigy 2 ZS. Do you know what might be the cause?

3. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Thanks mole2old! I installed Windows 10 today and had problems with getting kX to work with the instructions from > http://www.hardwareheaven.com/community/threads/opensource.225114/page-4#post-1515647 for Windows 7 x64. But your fix did the trick!

I had to unselect the Multimedia Keyboard Enabled option from Settings in the kX right-click menu for my volume knob on my Multimedia keyboard to work, though. It works with MasterMixer or Wave Out 2/3, though. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro.

Haven't tried the Windows 10 sleep functions, yet. So. I can't comment on that.

Again, thanks for the fix mole2old!

4. thomasabarnes

OK This fix is working so I can have Windows sounds, but the x64 ASIO is not working (or showing up).

I saw the fix register the 32bit kxasio.dll. Is the x64 asio suppose to work, too, with this fix?

I ended up having to use Creaive drivers to test out Windows 10 Pro x64 and ASIO x64 using SONAR X3 x64 and SONAR Platinum x64 in Windows 10 Pro x64. Su Yang's driver doesn't work for ASIO x64 in Windows 10, either.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  5. thomasabarnes

I found a solution to get the kX ASIO driver to show in 64Bit DAW Hosts in Windows 10 Pro x64.

The Solution is to manually register the kxasio.dll and to run the DAW Host software in Windows 7 Compatibility mode.

So, to sum this up:

1) Use mole2old's fix posted in this thread.
    2) Manually register kxasio.dll in C:\Program Files\kX Project

To manually register the kxasio.dll:

Go to the Start menu> All Aps> Windows System and right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administarator, select Yes if the UAC prompt comes up.

In the Command Prompt: type " cd C:\Program Files\kx Project" (without the quotation marks) and hit enter, then type "regsvr32 kxasio.dll" (without quotation marks) hit enter. The .dll should register.

3) Run in compatibility mode the software you will use the 64bit kX ASIO in. To run a program in compatibility mode:

Right-click on the program .exe and select Properties, select the Compatibility tab, place a checkmark in the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for, and choose Windows 7 from the dropdown menu.

I'm using SONAR X3 and SONAR Platinum, but X3 runs kind of sluggishly in Win 7 compatbility mode, and the sliders for volume and such on the SONAR GUI can't be adjusted smoothly as normal. Platinum runs better, but I wish we could use the x64 kX ASIO natively in Windows 10.

Also, the 64bit kXMixer will load without error, if run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, but the ASIO control panel wont open by right-clicking the kX Manager icon in the taskbar and going to Settings>ASIO Control Panel. However, the ASIO Control Panel will open from within the Host program.

I hope this info is helpful for someone.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  6. Toff

Toff New Member

Try manually running kxmixer.exe once as an administrator after registering the DLL. You can let it run with normal permissions afterwards. This should make the ASIO Control Panel work from the mixer's right-click menu.

7. mole2old

An updated version released. All download links in my first post updated too.
    Changes: KX-ASIO and KX-Mixer registration reworked, minor script reworked, some screenshots added.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    tml3nr likes this.
  8. Jamski

Jamski New Member

Красавчег!!! Наконец-то без плясок с бубнами. Audigy 2 ZS Platinum - Win 8.1 - 64 bit - всё робит!!! Респект тебе из Тюмени. Ты случайно не успел скачать вот этот скин
    TS-Skin2_4.zip
    Линк на него сдох давно. Автор так и не появлялся.
    For english users. I just wanted to say thank you. Everything is working.

9. mole2old

Нет, как-то уже привык к "штатному" скину. Привет Тюмени из Крыма :)

10. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

mole2old,
    What exactly does "mole_hotfix_kx-3552.exe" do? If it is just a registry patch, why not to include .reg file itself?
    If you have expertise in coding, would it be possible for you to review kx setup code (github) and provide the patches? :)

E.

11. mole2old

To Eugene Gavrilov
    It's hard to believe, that a lead programmer(!) can not decompress the sfx-archive and read some code in a simple CMD file. Even more difficult to believe, that the lead programmer(!) can make a mistake in the installer, which led to the inability to use the 3552 driver under Windows 7-10 (I don't care about Windows XP). I think you are not E.Gavrilov, it looks like you stole his nickname on this forum ...
    p.s My fix gives a second chance to KX-project fans, nothing more ...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  12. NattyDredd

NattyDredd New Member

Hello all, firstly, a big thankyou to all who continue to eek out a little more life from the soundblaster/kx driver combo.
    Further thanks to the developers of course. I used to use KX with a sounblaster platinum live/live drive II for a number of years. Only recently started using them again.

I recently bought an Audigy2 ZS and drivebay (SB0350/SB0250) for a Windows 7 64 bit system. So far, though still early days (a few weeks) everything seems to be working, albeit after a lil registry (correcting paths to the 32 bit KX Mixer) and manually installing 64 bit ASIO jiggery-pokery.

A few things I'd like to know...

1. When the 64 bit ASIO driver appears in my DAW, I see drivers listed as, KX, ASIO 1 (to) ASIO 7. What are these asio listings. The KX listing seems to work from my limited testing, setting outputs from DAW into DSP seemed fine, yet to try inputs.

2. I found UFX for KX 3552, after searching HardwareHeaven, seems all the links to the most recent ProFx are dead. Where is it possible to find a compatible ProFx or, what recent version is compatible... ProFx 311 for example?

Thanks again to all concerned, very much appreciated.

13. loopdokter

loopdokter 2 Release Wonder

Can anyone grab the new mixer provided by the Chinese coder and make it an .exe so it can be installed with the 3552? It also seems as though he's got an even newer version of the driver, but I'll be damned if I can tell where to download it from.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  14. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

O tempora o mores

I don't have a PC by hand anymore (that's why I don't extract SFX files and don't fix any installers myself), and I don't run any EXEs from random untrusted sources (and don't have plans to install VMs just to unpack your EXE to see what's inside). If you are such a great developer, why don't you just make a pull request on github.com?

Temragon and Tyrsonswood like this.
  15. mole2old

KX-Project is a legend. If you accidentally miss the boat and bring some shit to scene (and don't have plans fix it) - it's your own business, but imho - you are wrong ... My latest fix == simplest 7zip sfx-archive, w/o any protectors, ads, worms and etc. And general - it works, but your "kx-3552 original" w/o my fix - don't ... If you are true E.Gavrilov - call Your Team and offer fix issues, and - no more "random untrusted sources" at all :)
    Good luck .

16. loopdokter

loopdokter 2 Release Wonder

So now it gets interesting... I've ran the fix for 3552 on Windows 10 Pro running an E-MU APS card. For some reason, I get 8 instances of kX ASIO and not a single one of them works. It claims to be unable to locate a kx device. Interestingly, the 8 ASIO drivers show only in Cubase 8.5 and not Ableton - where the usual kX Uart ASIO isn't listed - only kx control and kx synth 1 and kx synth 2. I suspect something is going on in my registry somewhere, but I haven't a clue as to where to look?

Can anyone help?

17. Mkry0701

Mkry0701 New Member

O̶k̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶c̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶(̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶)̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶m̶i̶c̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶r̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶p̶a̶n̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶"̶r̶e̶c̶o̶r̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶i̶x̶e̶r̶"̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶.̶
    Welp, im an idiot. I had my mic turned off >.>

Well thanks for making this anyways
    It got my mic working so now I dont have a half useless headset! But do you know know how to stop the sound from the mic from transmitting to my headphones? It is slightly annoying hearing a fuzzy sound al the time.

THANKS! :D

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  18. mole2old

If you are owner of PC Headset ("middle cost"), then i can suggest:
    1. Click on KX-DSP button at KX-mixer, then "right click" on any blank space at DSP window and then "left click" on "Reinitalize DSP"
    2. Click this link and try to setup your "mic" like you can see on my screenshots.
    3. If your headset are "low cost", you can try anyway ;)

19. Mkry0701

Mkry0701 New Member

I done that but it just made the fuzzy sound a bit lower :/ anyway to turn it off? I want it so I dont hear myself at all. If not, thats okay. My headset has a cable splitter for mic and sound but no usb.

EDIT: turns out after I done what you told me my mic input stopped working ;-;
    EDIT2: Just needed a reboot .-.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  20. Mkry0701

Mkry0701 New Member

Okay so I figured this out all by myself and here it is.
    To turn off the input on your mic from going into your headphones you must:
    1.Turn "Mic in" (in AC97 page) down to the lowest. Don't mute it!
    2. On the "In's and out's" page mute "AC97 in"
    3. If your mic has a very low input (like mine did) you can click "boost" (AC97 page) and/or turn "AC97 Recording level" (in recording tab) to max.

Hope this helped someone!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016