Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mole2old, Jun 9, 2015.
ahh frustrating that's the adapter I'm using I think
apparently my Russian friend said adapter might not work because it doesn't support 12v power do you know if Sound Blaster 5.1 1998 requires 12v?
I got card working but there is massive distortion on the audio its outputting sounds metallic and messed up. I used mole hotfix.
Please try https://github.com/kxproject/kX-Audio-driver-binaries/blob/master/kxdrv3553-full-unsigned.exe
While kx.sys is not signed by Microsoft and it won't load on Windows 10 x64 with Secure Boot enabled, the rest should work fine.
If you are running Windows 7+, please confirm that all setup issues are now fully resolved.
Also, it is important to test DSP plugins: since all plugins are now digitally signed, embedded skins may not work properly. Please check that they work.
When (if) I get sufficient feedback from users that setup issues are fixed and there are no new bugs introduced, I will submit the driver to Microsoft and make final 3553.
In my case:
MB: MSI desktop (Intel CPU), UEFI and Secure Boot supported.
OS: Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and Windows 8.1x64 Pro, UEFI Boot, SecureBoot disabled, UAC diabled, Kaspersky AntiVirus Free temporary disabled.
AUDIO: Creative Audigy SB0090 (supported by kX), latest 3553 drivers from GitHub
1. On both OS KX-Mixer wont start after reboot and I got the same "kxError: kX device not found" message.
2. When I force reinstall the driver for "kX 10k2 Audio (3553) - Generic" device in "Windows Device Manager" - the error is gone and kX-mixer start without warnings.
3. If I load a sf2 bank to the KX control panel and try to play any MIDI file with any MIDI player - the sound is similar to a crackle noise ( v3550 or v3552 or v3553 - no matter)
4. Audio player Foobar2000 + plugin "Resampler SoX" (48Khz) play audio files through ASIO on both OS.
i.m.h.o - original kxsetup.exe was obsolete and need to be modified or completely rewritten.
1. Is kX device listed in DevMan after running setup? Any exclamation marks next to it? Did kxsetup suggest a reboot? Was kX Mixer unloaded prior to running setup? (Was it automatically unloaded?) Please attempt to install DbgView and capture debug log produced by kxsetup/kxmixer during install. Pls report via github.
2. Hmm.. post your full PCI ID (VID/PID/SUBSYS). Your device should probably not be 'Generic'. Again, via github.
3. I need you to perform some regression tests. Please download few earlier driver releases and let me know when exactly sf2 playback was broken. (E.g. "works in v3549 released on xx/xx, fails in v3550 released on yy/yy).
Also, back to 3553 install issues:
- No more kxmixer error messages, right?
- Will kxmixer attempt to auto-load after reboot? Will it restore settings as usual? (provided you previously 'forced' driver re-install, if needed).
- Do kX DSP plugins work as expected? (GUI) - especially those with built-in skins?
I suggest separate github tickets for the issues you've observed (sf2, VID/PID, 'device not found').
Separate names with a comma.