WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by digitalwanderer, May 19, 2002.

1. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

I finally figured out my OC-ing problems with Bubbles and cracked it this morning: my CPU voltage wasn't posting at 1.85 like I had it set to, it was posting at 1.70 It seems the T/CUSL2-C has a quirky habit of not taking the CPU voltage adjustment the first time you change it; ya gotta change it, reboot, change it, reboot, check it in the bios monitor. (It's goofy, but I still love the mobos! ;) )

Anyways...I finally got it past the 113Mhz barrier and am now running my PIII800@976 rather than 928. :D The happy bit is I still haven't found my ceiling yet, I just decided to keep it here for now. :)

I'm doing my happy geek dance, I jumped my 3dm2kse score from 5635@936Mhz to 5814@976Mhz.

I know it's nothing to brag about, but it's enough to make my day. :)

2. Harboe

Harboe New Member

Nice. I can my pIII700E to run at 882 (126*7). If i go any higher it lockes up. But after some testing i found out it actually runs better at 784 (112*7). I'm not sure why but it might be that the bus runs at a faster speed when it's like that. I'm usning 1.75V. And surgestions how i can get it to run faster?

3. peroni

peroni New Member

Many boards have this little quirk about having to change the voltage, reboot and then change the FSB.
    I know mine does. And it's Asus too!

4. Harboe

Harboe New Member

Might have to try it again. What volt should i use?

5. digitalwanderer

Depends

On what you're shooting for. A good general rule-o-thumb is don't bump it until you need to, and then do it as little as you can and see if it works. ;)

6. Harboe

Harboe New Member

Well then i'll just try it again. Slowly.:)

7. Silentst2000

Silentst2000 Can I be cool?

you should get a tualatin celery mod pin mod and and o/c it and post your results. :)

8. digitalwanderer

Re:

If I knew what the heck you were talking about, I'd be more than willing to give it a try. :)