Workarounds to get inputsignal into Logic etc

Discussion in 'MAC OS X Driver' started by zeewor, Jan 20, 2010.

1. zeewor

zeewor New Member

Hi everyone!

I guess I'm not the only one waiting for supported recording. Until we get a new driver (ofcourse we all donate at this point !) I would like us to put our heads together!

I have the E-MU 1820, which has audio working at 48kHz. I get signal into the DOCK from my MicPreAmps on the front. This should mean we only have to get that signal into our computers in any possible way...

I've been reading forums and scratching my head, a LOT. I have been wanting to route the MicPreAmps to any output on the dock (or maybe the PCIcard?). I have an old S/PDIF -> USB converter, but I'm not sure how to use it.

I will report if I make any progress. And I'm counting on you guys to join! Report any progress, any ideas etc!

2. TheKezReturns

TheKezReturns New Member

Yes I have mentioned this before in another thread. The cheapest thing to do if you have a motherboard with spdif-in headers (alot do have a look) is to connect the coax spdiff out to the spdiff headers on the motherboard and then create an aggregate device (although logic now supports separate in and out devices). We then need a way to configure the dock to output only the mic pres to the spdiff output. This may be possible with edspctrl. I had plans to incorporate this into the edspctrlGUI (http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mac-os-x-driver/182269-e-mu-1820-channel-routing.html#post1259589) but alas my motherboard does not have the spdiff headers like I thought so i can't test it.