X-FI TITANIUM: Can't record with "What You Hear" setting.

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by xenomorph1138, Nov 1, 2012.

1. xenomorph1138

xenomorph1138 EYEPOD

I am running WIN 7 64bit and I have X-FI Titanium,( PAX PCIe Titanium Driver ALL OS 2012 V1.00) I want to record with "What You Hear" setting. I am not recording using the physical inputs (Line-In/Mic). When I used to run WIN XP and I had the older SB Live 10k cards I never had this problem. Recording was...well, it wasn't a major headache:sigh:. I could use Sound Forge to do my recording right from my DAW, media player...or anything coming out of the speakers. I just recently returned RECON for the same issue with recording,:( and got X-FI TITANIUM instead. As it is now, I can't even get a signal to record from, either Sound Forge or the recorder in "Audio Creation Mode" (I do have the monitor box checked and all other inputs muted). Is this a driver issue? Is there someone out there that knows whether recording can actually be done with "What You Hear" setting with X-FI cards? If I had a PCI slot on my MOBO I would just drop in one of my old trusty SB Live cards or my Audigy ZS and be done with it. On a positive note, this could be the excuse I need to upgrade my MOBO.:D If there is someone that has had this issue with the X-FI cards and can offer some insight, or would like to share any solutions it would be much appreciated. Thanks for any and all help.

Baron

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you used currect v2.35 set?

3. xenomorph1138

xenomorph1138 EYEPOD

Thanks for responding. Last night I uninstalled PAX PCIe Titanium Driver ALL OS 2012 V1.00 and used "Driver Sweeper" to clean any left over registry entries, then rebooted. Installing v2.35 was very strange. Throughout the install process, it consistently used 7 of my 8gbs of memory and utilized all 6 cores, yet the installation took almost an hour to complete.:duh: Is that normal for this version? Anyway, I'll get a chance to play around with it later this afternoon. I'll post back any results concerning the recording with the "What You Hear" setting. Hopefully I'll have positive news.

4. xenomorph1138

xenomorph1138 EYEPOD

@Robert
    You are the wizard!! This is the first time I've ever got an X-FI card to record from the "What You Hear" setting. I just set everything up the way I used to and it worked, no problem. The only thing I was disappointed about is that there is no separate L and R slider controls to adjust the input signals. There are separate L/R controls for the physical inputs, Line-In/Mic and Digital-In. If I'm over looking something I'm open to suggestions. Thanks again for all your time and effort that you put into these modded drivers that Creative, for what ever reason is unwilling to do.

Baron

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

NP that why I kinda setup that way ;).