X-Fi Titanium issue

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by SlyH2G, Dec 28, 2012.

1. SlyH2G

SlyH2G New Member

Greetings HardwareHeaven,

I'm a big fan of PAX drivers, they worked wonders, well until recently anyways. I switched modes from Entertainment to Game during a video game and sound started crackling, until i reset. Seemed fine at first, but the issue is not gone.

Now the sound crackles every time while moving the volume slider on streams or any other flash video. Happens in some games, not all, sound crackles when mouse is hovered over options etc. Winamp is not affected for some reason, at least I'm not managing to notice it.

Reinstalling both 2.50 PAX and latest Creative beta drivers doesn't seem to help.

My question is, is there anything else I can do, software related, to fix the issue, or is the sound card permanently crippled now?

Thanks in advance.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

HI welcome. What system you own psu and case? Do you have another friend pc you can try your card on? Or take to repair shop test on there computer see if still works right way. Is your motherboard screws are in all way?

3. tRippinthehead

tRippinthehead New Member

Îòâåò: X-Fi Titanium issue

when crackling appears try to follow this: go to system control panel, open th Sound settings then right click Speakers - Disable, again right click speakers - Enable them. Press Ok.

Please answer if its helpd you.

I think this is driver related problem cuz on 2.32 set i haven't this problem.

4. SlyH2G

SlyH2G New Member

Thanks for replies.

Bad news: mobo is malfunctioning, not the sound card. Crackling sound comes from the integrated onboard audio, even with Azalia disabled in bios. I switched headphones/speakers from Titanium to the mobo 3.5mm ports and tested, it's defo the sound from motherboard. Even removed Titanium card and tested with realtek drivers. No idea why it overrides Titanium when i plug it back in. Will have to RMA the mobo anyway.

Good news: hopefully new mobo will arrive in ~2weeks, so I can continue using the Titanium. Would be a pain in the ass to have to replace the sound card.

Thanks again guys. Looking forward to new drivers.

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You glad I know about computer good enough ;). I been using computer since I was 7 years old or so back then lol.